• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neal Adams turns 80
2 2

57 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

saw him five years ago at a comic con and didn't realize he would have been 75 then ... he looked younger ....

It's the blue shirt.

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

i felt kinda bad for him as there was nobody in line for his sketches ,,,, it was just him... i don't even think he had a helper there with him

this makes me sad. Poor gneel atums.  

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i felt kinda bad for him as there was nobody in line for his sketches ,,,, it was just him... i don't even think he had a helper there with him

I remember seeing Carmine Infantino at a Motor City show sitting all by himself. Nobody wanted to talk to him. Literally one of the God Fathers of the Silver Age. I chatted with him for a good 20 mins all by myself and bought an autographed book for one of my best friends.

He can sound quite blunt, but so can someone like myself, from the north of England, so I find him perfectly okay to talk to.  Just an observation about a similarity.

32 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

saw him five years ago at a comic con and didn't realize he would have been 75 then ... he looked younger ....

I thought that.  Looked good for his age.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Yep, kirby, atoms, and robbins-the big 3.

Slight spelling error there.  Robbins, spelled Eisner.

(The old school top 3)

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Slight spelling error there.  Robbins, spelled Eisner.

(The old school top 3)

:pullhair: spellcheck!!!

24 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I remember seeing Carmine Infantino at a Motor City show sitting all by himself. Nobody wanted to talk to him. Literally one of the God Fathers of the Silver Age. I chatted with him for a good 20 mins all by myself and bought an autographed book for one of my best friends.

people going to the new 'hot' modern guy's tables.  >:(
Ignoring the legend in front of em.

13 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I bump into him and Marilyn all the time and we are just cordial but a few times when there was nothing going on I just sat at his table and we chatted.

He's still very energetic when he speaks and he likes to talk about his work and history in comics. Often he'll come up with back stories to how or why he did 'this or that'.

I've never been a customer to them so I'm not sure which side of NA I've seen now. lol

I got lucky and helped a friend set up at a two day show that he was at. Sunday set-up was mostly already done, so I found myself with an hour to kill, so I took the opportunity to "wax fanboy" on Neal. He was very willing to talk and I didn't feel like I was an imposition. I paid him to autograph a GL/GA 86. We talked for probably 30 minutes. There was a time in the early 70's when some of  the less common Adams comics sold for more than an X-MEN 1. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

11 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

The  best Batman artist. Happy Birthday, Mr. Adams!

0sjLJo.jpg

I agree! 

His work on Batman was fantastic.  

My favorite Adams work will always be his 70s horror covers. HOS91 and HOS88 are two that stand out, but there are countless others.  

I bought a high grade 88 for him to sign before Covid and never got around to a Con.... I could have submitted when he did the CGC signature series, but I would like to meet him in person. 

14 hours ago, kav said:

He can sound how he wants!!!  He just better watch himself tho.
@Comics4All @onlyweaknesskryptonite

You would swear the boards are turning 80. They just keep having issues and fail .. 

Happy Birthday to Neal!