• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM DD 259
4 4

11 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, SellinMyCollection said:

OK, not a 9.8. I got that, I am trying to learn so why 8.5?
Thanks

I think 8.0/8.5 is about right.

The book's major flaws are color-breaking creasing near the bottom left corner of the front cover. These creases are larger than the little ticks you'll see in comicbooks that still grade in the NM range. This copy also has some front cover overhang, minor blunting of the corners, slight top edge wear of the front cover and back cover creasing. I don't think the left corners of the back cover are torn, it's just the overhang. 

Thanks for letting us take a look and thanks for the clear and detailed pics.

Edited by grendelbo

43 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

The book's major flaws are color-breaking creasing near the bottom left corner of the front cover. These creases are larger than the little ticks you'll see in comicbooks that still grade in the NM range. This copy also has some front cover overhang, minor blunting of the corners, slight top edge wear of the front cover and back cover creasing. I don't think the left corners of the back cover are torn, it's just the overhang. 

This guy is spot on.  I think a press could clean those back creases, fix the overhang, and give this a shot at a 9.0-9.2.  That longer spine tic on the front would be your limiter.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, grendelbo said:

sorry...just went back and read the thread...what grendel said is spot on