• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it possible for a 9.9 or 10.0 to maintain that grade indefinitely?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, csaag said:

No link was provided.

You would think one would supply proof for something like that.  I never caught that part either way though.  I'll be more mindful about it when talking about PGX.  However their labels are still ugly to me.

Edited by Sky1

On 6/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, Sky1 said:

Someone out there owns a 9.9 IH #181.  Wonder what they are doing.  Anyone want to guess how much it's worth in today's market?  Before anyone asks, no I am not that person lol

Anyways, thoughts on this?

On 6/23/2021 at 2:59 PM, Sky1 said:

You either have to never get it re-holdered or risk losing it all in doing so.

If you are referring to the one and only single highest graded copy of Hulk 181, it looks like you;ve answered your own question here.  :gossip:

There is asolutely zero zero zero chance that book will ever get regraded or even reholdered, because if the story about that book is indeed true, there is no way that book would be even close to getting a CGC 9.9 grade ever again.  Not sure about the story in terms of possible SCS damage that's been inflicted on the book here.  For sure though, this CGC 9.9 copy of Hulk 181 was graded way back in the first year of CGC opening their doors and as such, were most likely graded according to the hobby standards in place at the time before Heritage "fine-tune" them as part of their grading game and also before Heritage arrive on the scene in 2002 to help "guide" them going forward.  :devil:

With the kind of defects (i.e. tiny spine ticks and creases) that were evident on the front cover scan of the book, these exact types of additional revenue generating defects have now moved right up to the top of CGC's hit parade with a bullet when it comes to grading.  :censored: