• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New ComicLink Buyer Policy Affirms Confidence in CGC Graded Books

160 posts in this topic

I have a couple also..... mrsilverage and ancientspawn. Sometimes redundancy is a good thing.

Brad does it . . . so it's Okay . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

No, Ebay allows it so it's OK.

Actually, I don't think that's entirely true 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually it is entirely true.

linky-dink? blush.gif

Search Ebay yourself. A simple search of "multiple ID's" yields a link about how to combine two ID's. It's all there, but I don't need to find the info because I know I'm right. thumbsup2.gif

Better yet, I'll look it up if you want to make it worth my while. A bet maybe?

I already did - I don't need your money 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gifbtw, did you actually read what it says 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . I thought not gossip.gif

893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.gif For Brad you roll over like a total wuss? You must be really afraid that he'll find a picture of you on the internet somewhere. poke2.gif

The difference is I like and respect Brad. poke2.gif

Note to self.....print out 3 foot by 5 foot banner featuring the above exchange! 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.gif For Brad you roll over like a total wuss? You must be really afraid that he'll find a picture of you on the internet somewhere. poke2.gif

Note to self.....print out 3 foot by 5 foot banner featuring the above exchange! 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

I forgot to add that being Chinese, I was raised to respect my elders. poke2.gif

I forgot to add that being Chinese, I was raised to respect my elders. poke2.gif

Please see my "Taking the Pledge" thread....you little guttersnipe!

To many, the act of switching over his feedback to "private" would set off alarm bells.

To me, the act of having mutiple ids on eBay is highly suspect and can only be for facilitating the perpetration of fraud and would set off my alarm bells.

I have (4)… so now I'm perpetrating fraud? frustrated.gif

Bruce..you dirty bastaard... 893naughty-thumb.gifwink.gif techincally, you are facilitating the perpetuation of fraud, not actually doing it...

I have a couple also..... mrsilverage and ancientspawn. Sometimes redundancy is a good thing.

Brad does it . . . so it's Okay . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

No, Ebay allows it so it's OK.

Actually, I don't think that's entirely true 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually it is entirely true.

linky-dink? blush.gif

Search Ebay yourself. A simple search of "multiple ID's" yields a link about how to combine two ID's. It's all there, but I don't need to find the info because I know I'm right. thumbsup2.gif

Better yet, I'll look it up if you want to make it worth my while. A bet maybe?

I already did - I don't need your money 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gifbtw, did you actually read what it says 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . I thought not gossip.gif

Thanks for not taking my money. Looks like I can have as many accounts as I have e-mail addresses.

Hello Brian,

Thanks for writing to eBay customer support. My name is Gene and I am

happy to assist you.

I see that you wish to have more than one User ID on eBay.

Please note that eBay does not allow members to have two User ID

accounts with one email address. Your email address can only be used on

one account at a time. This is also true with User IDs, you can only

have one User ID per account. You still may change your email address or

your User ID. You will just not be able to have the same User ID or

email address on two separate accounts.

It is my pleasure to assist you. I wish all the best for your future

eBay transactions.

Regards,

Gene U.

eBay Customer Support

Marketplace Safety Tip: Protect yourself from fraudulent emails that ask

for sensitive personal information like credit card numbers, passwords,

etc. Just because an email message looks like it is sent directly from

eBay, that isn't always the case. To learn more about protecting

yourself from fake or "spoof" emails, see our online tutorial at the

following Web page:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/

For our latest announcements, please check:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

(15409185)

Original Message Follows:

-------------------------

Form Message %43332% 030801

D_ID100520051545D_ID/W_ID43264080W_ID/S_ID000S_ID

Subject: GS=C13006 The problem you're having with email or User IDs

isn't listed [#US ?01 ]

User Feedback: 252

User State: ?01

Browser Info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US;

rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

Ask about registration, passwords, changing email / User ID > Email

addresses, User IDs, contact information > The problem you're having

with email or User IDs isn't listed

Can I have mor ethen one User ID?

Regards,

Brian

Thanks for not taking my money. Looks like I can have as many accounts as I have e-mail addresses.

I can never tell if you're sincere or not 27_laughing.gif . . . the above either reeks of sarcasm, or you're still in denial, clinging to the shards of your delusional self-respect grin.gif Which one is it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

I can never tell if you're sincere or not 27_laughing.gif . . . the above either reeks of sarcasm, or you're still in denial, clinging to the shards of your delusional self-respect grin.gif Which one is it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

I'll rephrase with pictures:

Thanks for not taking my money.

yeahok.gif

Looks like I can have as many accounts as I have e-mail addresses. makepoint.gif

Due to my workload I am just now reading through this entire thread and so many others that were posted during this past week. I feel compelled to play devil's advocate here.

Let me say first that I applaud Josh's stated stance. Whether he made the offer to benefit himself or the hobby or a little of both is irrelevant so long as he lives up to the offer, which I have no reason to doubt he will.

That being said, to be quite frank, Josh's commendable stance somewhat irks me. I don't see why any dealer should have to make this pledge. Why should a seller assume such a significant risk when they did nothing wrong. I was one of the early sellers who was willing to accept returns on CGC books without question if someone was not satisfied with it upon receipt. But that willingness was based on the notion that there should be no difference between purchasing a raw book subjectively graded and one that has been CGC subjectively graded. If a buyer was not happy with how the book looked and thought the grading was off why should they be stuck with it? Or perhaps the buyer even simply changed his mind. The book could then be resold to someone else who would be happy with it.

That is completely different from accepting a return and providing a refund because CGC inadvertently, incompetently, negligently or even intentionally missed restoration or some other form of alteration. That is not the dealer's fault (assuming, of course, the dealer was not responsible for or knew of the restoration or alteration).

I like CGC. I support CGC. I want CGC to succeed and better itself. But I do not see why I should guarantee CGC's professional workmanship when CGC itself is unwilling to do so until some scandal hits. If CGC doesn't have confidence or faith in its own system and abilities, why should I?

CGC, not Josh and other dealers, should be making the pledge that if CGC missed restoration or alteration of a book and that fact is subsequently discovered then CGC will buy the book back.

Again, I applaud your stance Josh, but you may end up biting more than you can chew. For your sake, and that of the hobby, I hope I am wrong.

Again, I applaud your stance Josh, but you may end up biting more than you can chew. For your sake, and that of the hobby, I hope I am wrong.

Perhaps he, and the other dealers who've made "The Pledge", are confident that they'll have recourse to CGC for whatever they pay out in refunds? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC, not Josh and other dealers, should be making the pledge that if CGC missed restoration or alteration of a book and that fact is subsequently discovered then CGC will buy the book back.

I agree 100% !!!

CGC's main stance in this hobby was to protect the buyer from restoration, wether the buyer be a Dealer or a Collector! makepoint.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Perhaps he, and the other dealers who've made "The Pledge", are confident that they'll have recourse to CGC for whatever they pay out in refunds? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've wondered about this as well: Is CGC willing to refund the money to the BSD's if they mis the restoration the first time around?!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Well if so then that is a secret club in which I have not been granted membership.

And since I am the litigation happy user on the boards, I doubt their recourse would include suing. Mine would though, especially if I got screwed b/c of CGC. 893naughty-thumb.gif

hi.gif

yeahok.gif

Looks like I can have as many accounts as I have e-mail addresses. makepoint.gif

Just what I thought OG - don't you ever get tired of jackin' off? yeahok.gif

hi.gif

yeahok.gif

What's your problem David?

hi.gif

yeahok.gif

What's your problem David?

Uh oh!.............CRIPPLE FIGHT!

poke2.gifpopcorn.gif