• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dave Cockrum X-Men Double-Pagers
2 2

30 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MyNameIsLegion said:

I know it's a cover, but it's also a double pager

tumblr_inline_nphzirAdEE1symybz_1280.thumb.jpg.c438263f6189ada4c8fc533d98dd9efb.jpg

It's a great cover with the whole gang, except I realized that the X-Men are depicted running from the threat. Add some dialogue balloons along the lines of "Me first!" or "We'll never make it to the Blackbird!" or "Outta my way, shorty!," with extra cowardice points of leaving Jean and Lorna at the tail end of the line.

Cockrum's propensity to make Colossus the most prominent character was a common feature of his X-Men covers. Even when he's just falling along with everyone else rather than punching someone. Maybe his metal skin was the most fun to draw?

X-Men_Vol_1_102.jpg.b96d95f1cbc7a3d3122030ba381f87c4.jpgX-Men_Vol_1_99.jpg.31d74866684ffe68d411fbabfe37788a.jpgX-Men_Vol_1_98.jpg.ef358a489858fa462c45377f569ca3b3.jpgX-Men_Vol_1_94.jpg.7f38bb30d15733d79929a3672ac04569.jpg

Edited by RBerman

1 hour ago, topcat54 said:

Does that say " COORS" on that can in Wolverines hand ???

I guess Labatt's wouldn't fit:tink:

I'm loving this Cockrum thread!!  Scans from X-Men #107 and the original cover art to the X-Men/Alpha Flight trade paperback (which was re-inked before publication).  I no longer own the X-Men/Alpha Flight art.

xmen107_2.jpg

X_MenAlphaFlight.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ecclectica said:

Was this story finally got published ?

Published in Bizarre Adventures #27 in 1981 along with a Jean Grey story penciled by John Buscema and an Iceman story penciled by George Perez.  Definitely worth checking out.

3 hours ago, Ted_L said:

Published in Bizarre Adventures #27 in 1981 along with a Jean Grey story penciled by John Buscema and an Iceman story penciled by George Perez.  Definitely worth checking out.

I love Bizarre Adventures #27, all three stories are great. The Iceman has Alfredo Alcala inking Perez and the Jean Grey story has her origin.