• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #344
4 4

9 posts in this topic

This is my second book. This has ticks and a manufacturing defect with the bottom staple. Did not go into the book completely. Not sure how this defect is evaluated and graded. Couldn’t find it in the Overstreet grading guide. Let me know guys. Thx

IMG_0826 2.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg

I would consider this a subtle defect and if the comicbook was otherwise flawless, I believe it could still get a 9.8.

Such defects should not have an effect on the grade unless they contribute to other flaws such as a tear, pull or crease near, in this example, the staple.

This copy has some ticks and there is slight creasing at the bottom staple.

I'm thinking 9.2.

Thanks for sharing.

I see tics by both staples, edge wear, minor denting, off white pages, and white on the corners.  Your ticks will press out and the edges will clean up too. 

I’ll go 9.6 with off white pages after a press and work on those tics.  9.4 if the ticks are still there.