• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whom do you buy from the most? Dealers or Private Sellers?

6 posts in this topic

I'm probably 30% Dealers, 70% private sellers.

So Hart, is there a reason you are asking this? Are you trying to get insights as to preferences or something else? Sometimes the issue is price. Sometimes it's just that private sellers have more things I'm looking for than dealers. Sometimes it's a trade situation with another collector.

I am happy to buy from either if the price is reasonable to me. I've had private sellers quote me prices that were so far out from reality that they make Albert Moy's prices look like a garage sale. And I've also gotten good deals (bargains?) from some dealers.

I don't have a preference. If they have something I really want and it's at the right price, I'll buy it from either.

I'm probably 30% Dealers, 70% private sellers.

So Hart, is there a reason you are asking this? Are you trying to get insights as to preferences or something else? Sometimes the issue is price. Sometimes it's just that private sellers have more things I'm looking for than dealers. Sometimes it's a trade situation with another collector.

I am happy to buy from either if the price is reasonable to me. I've had private sellers quote me prices that were so far out from reality that they make Albert Moy's prices look like a garage sale. And I've also gotten good deals (bargains?) from some dealers.

I don't have a preference. If they have something I really want and it's at the right price, I'll buy it from either.

Hey Steve,

thanks for posting your reply. smile.gif I was just wondering that's all....since I've started this crazy hobby I've mainly relied on Dealers to fill my addiction (heh...there's a pun, eh!). But recently (in the last year) I've been networking with people (mainly emails) and have found some great buys.

It's not as if there's an underground network where art gets traded/bought? Or is there?!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hmmmmm.....one never knows gossip.gif ...there may be "Whales" (using Las Vegas lingo) of the Comic Art community that buy and sell art like it's water!

-Hart