• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any member have a famous comic cover and you bought the matching statue?

27 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Conan the Barbarian is perhaps my favorite character for stories. The tale Iron Shadow in the Moon has been told many times in various formats: I have most of them and acquired the statue to match.

Conan Hither_ShadowsSavage.jpg

Conan 24 Iron Shadows.jpg

Marvel_Treasury_Edition_Vol_1_19.jpg

SavageSword84.jpg

20200713_194519.jpg

20200713_194427.jpg

Glad i caught up with a real Conan fan,im just loving the art and story here and there dont know enough about his mythos ,i have an oa and wondering if that creature is a known one or just made up for only one story,i really would like to know more thanks 

20210627_002653.jpg

20210627_002700.jpg

20210627_002704.jpg

20210627_002708.jpg

7 hours ago, Namtak said:

Glad i caught up with a real Conan fan,im just loving the art and story here and there dont know enough about his mythos ,i have an oa and wondering if that creature is a known one or just made up for only one story,i really would like to know more thanks 

20210627_002653.jpg

20210627_002700.jpg

20210627_002704.jpg

20210627_002708.jpg

single story creature only.

I love your original art piece!

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I do appreciate the lazy Susan type holders that I see for statues, I'm using one for hulk vs wolverine.

I see the Conan is using one too, for considerable size statues it's a must...

I used to think of it as a luxury but it's needed, to be able to give the idea of such a weight and size to still be light on its feet, for seeing all angles and I'm completely sold on the idea.

I don't know if it's because I never used such a thing to get food from the dinner table or 😂

Or if I just had an idea that they were "fancy", but they really complete the setup. It makes me wish there was a different level one so I didn't keep smaller statues inside a glass case or idk, just made my day when I talked myself into buying a few for extra to be able to buy a decent sized statue on the fly lol

I agree it is a must have for the larger sized statues. I enjoy being able to easily change the view on my Conan statue. They do come in all sorts of sizes. The smallest one I own is used on my comic spinner racks for exceptional spin.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:41 PM, rexinnih said:

Next I present my avatar, aka Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner and the iconic Buscema cover from #1. Need to get a new statue as kid damage on a wing from his foot and the triton have taken their toll. 

Sub Statue.jpg

Excellent Nice Submariner 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:43 PM, rexinnih said:

And finally, I consider it from the greatest one shot ever, Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1 and a statue. 

Iron Man Sub Statue.jpg

Killer statue and a great grade for the one shot comic...one of one....cool!

2 hours ago, ComicsKid said:

Killer statue and a great grade for the one shot comic...one of one....cool!

Thanks - I'm really glad I picked that one up a few years ago as it's risen in value quite a bit and I still think on the undervalued side since it pre-dates Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1.