• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other places to search for 'recirculating' OA
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Besides comiclink and HA, are there any other places/listings you check for OA that might be re-entering the market after being sold directly by artists or art reps? (I.e. specific Ebay sellers or other sites or off-website dealers)

I thought it would be good to start a thread of dealers/shops or just networking to get a hold of pieces that might otherwise be difficult to find. 

Unfortunately not all the artwork gets listed on CAF, so it's hard to tell where certain pieces end up. For example, I collect primarily mainstream LGBT OA which is a very narrow market and has a very limited number of available pieces, both because of the limited timespan it's been published, and because most are from recent artists who primarily work digitally. I'm nearing the end of what's available directly through artists and their reps and looking for secondary markets. 

3 minutes ago, Mike R V said:

Besides comiclink and HA, are there any other places/listings you check for OA that might be re-entering the market after being sold directly by artists or art reps? (I.e. specific Ebay sellers or other sites or off-website dealers)

I thought it would be good to start a thread of dealers/shops or just networking to get a hold of pieces that might otherwise be difficult to find. 

Unfortunately not all the artwork gets listed on CAF, so it's hard to tell where certain pieces end up. For example, I collect primarily mainstream LGBT OA which is a very narrow market and has a very limited number of available pieces, both because of the limited timespan it's been published, and because most are from recent artists who primarily work digitally. I'm nearing the end of what's available directly through artists and their reps and looking for secondary markets. 

Mike R V there is a thread on this board somewhere that lists all the dealers, many you won’t see on the CAF home page. I just don’t remember exactly where but hang tight I bet someone quicker then me will produce that link.

I see you’re exhausting your resources but networking like you are here will produce more opportunities to dig up secondary market connections I’m sure. 

Good luck