• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too good to be true?

3 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

Noob question as I don't own any graded books or have graded any myself.  Is it possible for a book to be swapped out of a case and replaced?  Are the cases secure?

I have an individual seller who is looking to sell off a CGC Graded (9.2)  Hulk 181.  I have verified the CGC label # on the website.  Everything looks good there.  In trying to compare pricing, (being told the asking price is high because of the high grade) the asking price is actually about 1/3 of what the same book is selling on Ebay, asking $5,000 USD vs $14,000 Sold on Ebay.

ALARM BELLS ARE GOING OFF!   My first thought is the label is authentic but the 9.2 book was swapped out for a lower grade book.  Is this possible?

Thank you

Brian

• Administrator

Good morning,

No, our holders are sealed with a special sealing machine and it would not be possible to remove a book from the holder without breaking that seal and damaging the holder.  The holders are not made for the books to be removed.  

Thank you!