• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ASM 129 - Should I get this book a lil pampering?

12 posts in this topic

gossip.gif

Just how much do you think it will cost you to get it restored? Even the minimum charge would cost you more than buying a better copy. Let's say you drop $100 on restoration... a restored VF/NM ASM 129 would probably bring $50 at most.

My suggetion would be to take your restoration money, sell this copy and upgrade. Plain and simple -- there are no bronze age books worth restoring.

Why?

Looks nice a nice 5.5/6.0 reader.

I got $75 for my raw VGF copy on eBay last spring that didn't look as nice as this one.

I bet you could get $100 or close for that one.

Why 893censored-thumb.gif it up with resto?

Some people like mid-grade readers you know. poke2.gif

Thats what I was thinkin.... Slab and kiss it good by for 4-6 months...

My friend is a 893censored-thumb.gifing insufficiently_thoughtful_person... And I wanted to prove it to him...

I shall wait however for some snyde remarks and coments then send him this link..

My friend is a f:censoredk:ing insufficiently_thoughtful_person... And I wanted to prove it to him...

I shall wait however for some snyde remarks and coments then send him this link..

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna play! I wanna play!

You're friend is a complete f893censored-thumb.gifking insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Anyone stupid enough to want to restore a 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif piece of 893censored-thumb.gif like this has got to be the dunbest f893censored-thumb.gifer on the planet. Doesn't that f893censored-thumb.gifkhead know that these books are a dime a f893censored-thumb.gifing dozen in high grade. What the f893censored-thumb.gifk would someone want to have this restored for. F 893censored-thumb.gifk! frustrated.gif

I believe we are all dumber for having been forced to read your f 893censored-thumb.gifkhead friend's f893censored-thumb.gifing stupid coments.

He should eat s893censored-thumb.gift and live -- dying is not good enough for him.

So, how'd I do? That snyde enough for you?

confused-smiley-013.gif Restoration worthy.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Been sitting on this one for years and thinking about slabbing Restoring...

Not gonna hide the ugly details.

Links to scans so big U can see The punishers pores.

I cannot think of a single bronze age book that is worth restoring. This one certainly is not a restoration candidate. Better to just buy a higher grade unrestored copy.

Nope this one is mine, recently pulled it out to

A. Prove to my pal I owned it...

B. That the scan I had posted a year ago was indeed mine...

C. See The Stronguy's post....

This is one of a couple books I bought from an estate sale for a few bucks.

Out of that bunch I got this and a few other lower numbered Xmen and ASM's that had to be some kid's treasures that his folks sold. So they is some guy out there probably mad as heck at his mom for selling it.... And it is Mine all Mine...

And Bob M of West Allis Wisconsin....

I told U that you do not know 893censored-thumb.gifing 893censored-thumb.gif you 893censored-thumb.gifhead

And I nope I won't sell it to you for the 60 bucks yah offered me you Cheap 893censored-thumb.gif