• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Jim Lee/Scott Williams to submit
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I really want them to sign my Uncanny X-men 268 but I literally sent that book in just days before CGC announced their SS event. They won't let me change the book to the event, so I'm stuck deciding if I should send a different book, or should I wait for Jim and Scott to come back to get my 268 signed.

Anyone been around long enough to know how often Jim and Scott become available roughly?

My book options here at home: Magneto or Wolverine of the X-men 1's (9.4-9.6 range) Justice League 1 (9.6-9.8) Fantastic Four 4 (9.6-9.8 - cool cover, not many graded) Uncanny X-men 256 (9.2-9.4 - just Jim Lee), and a X-men 4 I just got graded that came back a 9.8.

I'm a little reluctant to send in the 9.8 X-men #4. If something happens to it or they give it a lower grade, then I actually lose money. 

I do have a second Uncanny X-men 268. It's a 8.5-9.2 newsstand edition. The one I sent in is a 9.4-9.8 direct edition.

Anyway, first world problems. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Scott is a board member. Ask him. 

I have the same dilemma. I just sent in Wolverine #27, Uncanny X-men #268 and X-men #11 to get graded and then they announce Jim Lee. I would love to get those signed by him. But that ship has sailed. I'll probably send in Uncanny X-men #274 and the Wolverine/Cyclops X-men #1 cover now. I wish we could switch submitted books to a signing event. 

6 minutes ago, Hairless Wookiee said:

I have the same dilemma. I just sent in Wolverine #27, Uncanny X-men #268 and X-men #11 to get graded and then they announce Jim Lee. I would love to get those signed by him. But that ship has sailed. I'll probably send in Uncanny X-men #274 and the Wolverine/Cyclops X-men #1 cover now. I wish we could switch submitted books to a signing event. 

I'll have to give my X-men 11 a second look too.