• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,....Trim.

81 posts in this topic

but...but...Joanna, he's done the impossible and strung together a connection between the Story Of The Year - recent discovery of a Major Dealer's campaign to slip professionally damaged comic books past CGC - and a vulgar, juvenile slang term for a particular aspect of female anatomy! don't you realise that being vulgar is the first step towards a universally accepted comedic premise, especially when the wimmens is concerned?

I dont think you 'get' the thread.

Tell me what its about ? ? ?,...I wanna hear it from your own lips (no pun intended).

I wanna hear WHERE I deviated from being clever & failied to recognize my audience.

KK

You've already told me that you don't respect my opinions. You can't have it both ways.

Honestly, I have no desire to fight with you. Your posting style reminds me of Hammer, and that means either you're him, and I have nothing to say to him, or you're some stranger I don't know.

Enjoy your time on the boards. Be whomever you want to be. I won't interfere.

-- Joanna

Joanna

I actually said I appreciated the time and effort in your post and NEVER said "I dont respect your opinions". --- so ??????

But it appears you have your mind set on following the group-herd's animosity towards me. No Big Deal.

KK

PS - I still dont think you 'get the thread',....but yes, comedy is subjective. But in this case....if you dont get the joke,...you cant really make objective criticisms of it.

KrazyKat you are your own worst enemy sometimes. I cannot understand why you would say 'But it appears you have your mind set on following the group-herd's animosity towards me. No Big Deal' because i cannot see anything in Joanna's replies that can be perceived as 'animosity.'

I personally enjoy reading Joanna's posts and she strikes me as a very intelligent and articulate lady who never indulges herself in childish name calling unlike some board members i could mention. She has given you an honest opinion as to why you earned a strike and if you want to stay on these boards you would do well to listen to what she has to say. If you dont care and want to get yourself banned then carry on the way you are as you are doing just fine. makepoint.gif

But it appears you have your mind set on following the group-herd's animosity towards me. No Big Deal.

I harbor no animosity. I came on to explain why I thought you'd gotten the strike. You rejected the explanation and, because you are fully capable of making up your own mind on that, I'm now trying my best to step away without bothering you further.

PS - I still dont think you 'get the thread',....but yes, comedy is subjective. But in this case....if you dont get the joke,...you cant really make objective criticisms of it.

Sigh. I'm not a child. I'm fully aware of the double meaning.

-- Joanna

Jo,

How could I have expanded on the joke ? Its elemental simplicity prevented me from 'going much further' with cutting wit. I am curious how I could have 'improved upon it' ?

PS - Its not lost on me that Sal gave the punch-line away.

As do I. The guy is a total tool. I should post some of the nasty PM's he sent me the other day and let the board decide who the victim is, KK or my Mother. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

popcorn.gifjuggle.gif

As do I. The guy is a total tool. I should post some of the nasty PM's he sent me the other day and let the board decide who the victim is, KK or my Mother. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Send them on to Arch......that sounds like Strike 2 to me!

I sent Arch a PM the other day about it. It appears nothing was done. I have not recieved any PM's from KK since, so maybe Arch told him to knock it off.

Does someone know how to do a screen shot image post? I'll post them all up and really ostracize that fokker.

Send them on to Arch......that sounds like Strike 2 to me!

One could only hope!!

WOW JOANNA,

Thats a really well thought out post and illustrates how differently men think than women. I appreciate your taking the time to address the issues 'from your perspective'. Ultimately, I disagree with the manner in which you established your arguments because it disgeniously brings you to your already formulated conclusioon(s). Namely, that Im playing the victim, that my behavior is suspect (which it is not - people like you just want to control me), and that I continue to 'Bash' comics while promoting OA. I believe you guys just hate MY PERSONALITY,..and that sucks for both of us as it makes it difficult to have a harmonious board. I am the one who is being attacked by at least 6 posters daily,...against little ole' me.

In this thread and the other one about your strike, you did appear to be playing the role of victim. It's in the language you used, so if that was not your intent, then it was an honest mistake on my part.

As for controlling you, I have no such desire. I don't know you. But you appeared upset about getting a strike, and I thought you genuinely were interested as to why that probably happened. Others have gotten strikes for inappropriately using Nazi imagery and language (i.e. not connected with comic books, WWII covers, storylines, etc., but rather as a descriptor for present-day individuals or groups here on the forums), so you are not alone. It occured to me that you may not have read the board guidelines thoroughly, and that's why you were confused. Again, if I was incorrect, I apologize. You asked, I answered. No disrespect was intended.

I am a 'strict constructionalist' in jurisprudential philosophical terms and it is clear to me you are not. Otherwise, you would see that I NEVER violated the 'board rules'. But Id rather not argue that point - as I believe the whole FLOUTING of 'Board Rules' in my face is offensive and insulting.

Just so that I understand, you feel that name-calling and Nazi imagery are inoffensive, but doing a copy and paste of this site's guidelines and rules is "offensive and insulting"? That tells me a lot. I hereby promise never to step in again if you're in a dispute or have any questions. My intent was to be helpful, but you don't see it that way, and that is your right.

PS - What do you think of this thread ? Kinda funny,...no ?

As someone who has worked as a professional comedy writer and who now teaches an online class in comedy that is in 953 colleges, I would not give you high marks for this one. There was no well-formed satire, you didn't read your audience correctly, and it lacked wit. Could a funny trimming thread be made? Absolutely. But it would take more cleverness than you expended here. That's just my opinion. Others may disagree. Comedy, after all, is all about individual taste. No joke is funny to everyone.

-- Joanna

Jo,

I dont think you 'get' the thread.

Tell me what its about ? ? ?,...I wanna hear it from your own lips (no pun intended).

I wanna hear WHERE I deviated from being clever & failied to recognize my audience.

KK

This should definately be KK's 2nd strike. If Arch fails to deliver it, I can only suspect collusion. sumo.gif

Beyonder,

I have received a warning. No need for incitement. I will not be sending any of you trouble-makers any PM's because I can tell it is upsetting you all. And Im gonna be the grown-up here.

KK

My comments had nothing to do with the private messages your sending to others, but your comments to Joanna I quoted.

In real life , a swift backhand would have been her warranted response. You owe her an apology, and deserve your 2nd strike..