• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyComicShop Auction! Ends Monday night- Young Avengers #1, 1st Jennika, 1st Canto, ASM #301, 1st Calvin Ellis, and more!

15 posts in this topic

Hi, all.  Just ten books in this week's auction, ending Monday night.  But next week is the July quarterly PRIME AUCTION and I'll have another 20 or so in that one, including Department of Truth #1; some Bronze Age DC with Superman, Lois Lane, Batman, Green Arrow, and House of Mystery; and the first Miles Morales in Ultimate Fallout #4 1st print.

But that's next week.  This week has the first appearance of Canto; the Young Avengers Patriot, Iron Lad, Asgardian, Hulkling, and Kate Bishop; the first full appearance and origin of Calvin Ellis; and an stunning Bosslogic cover for Dark Nights Death Metal Rise of the New God #1.  Plus a few Jimenez variant Batman covers (Nightwing! And Batman!), a Todd McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man #301, and the Cho variant cover for The Mighty Thor #4. 

The Thor is a great looking cover, but I have NO idea why they graded it a 9.0.  Keyed it in wrong?  Who knows.  Grader notes would be useful, but CGC has stopped doing that, so I can only assume it was a mistake.  Have a look at the close-up though, and maybe you can see something I missed.  (My notes said, "four or so spine stress lines, don’t break color."  But they went to my presser first, before grading, and it came out fine.  So both of use were surprised by the 9.0.)  Same goes for the ASM #301, by the way ... it is a beautiful copy of that issue, and the 9.0 was a big surprise.)

Oh, yeah ... there is also the first Jennika as a Ninja Turtle, and a beautiful Peach Momoko cover for Vampirella.  Good luck bidding!

Here are the current bids:

Action Comics #9 CGC 9.6.  Current bid: $47

Amazing Spider-Man #301 CGC 9.0.  Current bid: $75

Batman #99 Jimenez variant cover CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $48

Batman #100 Jimenez variant cover CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $41

Canto #1 CGC 9.2.  Current bid: $110

Dark Nights Death Metal Rise of the New God #1 Bosslogic variant CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $47

Mighty Thor #4 Cho variant CGC 9.0.  Current bid: $27

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #95 CGC 9.0.  Current bid: $7

Vampirella #5 Peach Momoko virgin variant CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $23

Young Avengers #1 CGC 9.6.  Current bid: $226

Here are the covers:

5858531.jpg.725d2a292fdce5b2b1f65e20a7538514.jpg5858535.jpg.e11d34eb7deb0cd6890709d46ef30b85.jpg5858560.jpg.6db9e160fafd7431dfd03c5f391c6278.jpg5858549.jpg.1a74dafc6e7c05613633a0941b727e65.jpg5681921.jpg.62aae2f859b4f9ecca4d5298fce03f4a.jpg5692315.jpg.8773c07a693bc64fc705f6a2b3bc5e05.jpg5778820.jpg.5069d71fc41393275ba285200bdcc980.jpg5858529.jpg.457fb76d150a903fc3769180164f6a2a.jpg5693620.jpg.14457950daeb5c1ee3944b2e53c6ea02.jpg5746611.jpg.ab4b02b483f1506560a364ab551bde66.jpg

19 minutes ago, Flanders82 said:

@Tedsaid I've got my eye on the Action Comics #9 :). 

Hey, did you hear?  Bronte tried to let some folks over at CBCS know about this auction.  Jesse and the mods deleted that post, almost immediately.  Because they considered it "a message from a banned member." 

Crazy, huh?

Good luck with your bidding!

@tedsaid I saw the deleted post with a screenshot about a message from a banned member and assumed it was something in regards to you. It's definitely crazy, you're like that olympic sprinter of the comic book forum world. Sure you broke the rules, but in this day and age the rule is a bit ridiculous.   

4 minutes ago, Flanders82 said:

@tedsaid I saw the deleted post with a screenshot about a message from a banned member and assumed it was something in regards to you. It's definitely crazy, you're like that olympic sprinter of the comic book forum world. Sure you broke the rules, but in this day and age the rule is a bit ridiculous.   

Actually, I didn't break any rules.  The rules were interpreted to apply to me.  The first was when I called Buddy Saunders a PoS for advocating that Covid is not a big deal, it's just like the flu, we need to get back to work, etc.  (He also insisted on calling it the "China virus" in his newsletter, even though people had already explained to him why that was racist and harmful.)

Buddy Saunders isn't a member of the forum and has never posted there.  But they decided to suspend me for a week for "insulting a fellow forum member." 

Other people get warnings when a rule is ambiguous.  Some get a warning just because.  I never once got a warning instead of a ban or suspension. 

6 hours ago, Tedsaid said:

Actually, I didn't break any rules.  The rules were interpreted to apply to me.  The first was when I called Buddy Saunders a PoS for advocating that Covid is not a big deal, it's just like the flu, we need to get back to work, etc.  (He also insisted on calling it the "China virus" in his newsletter, even though people had already explained to him why that was racist and harmful.)

Buddy Saunders isn't a member of the forum and has never posted there.  But they decided to suspend me for a week for "insulting a fellow forum member." 

Other people get warnings when a rule is ambiguous.  Some get a warning just because.  I never once got a warning instead of a ban or suspension. 

Sad to read that the founder of mycomicshop is racist.  That is awful.  There's a reason why attacks on Asian Americans have increased substantially in the last year.

Not doing business there anymore with someone so narrow-minded.   

On 7/4/2021 at 9:04 AM, Wolverinex said:

Sad to read that the founder of mycomicshop is racist.  That is awful.  There's a reason why attacks on Asian Americans have increased substantially in the last year.

Not doing business there anymore with someone so narrow-minded.   

I totally respect that decision, and I get it.  But you should know, there are other people who work there, a lot of other people, who don't at all share his views.  Managers who pushed back on the stupid politics that he was putting in the newsletter, all the pro-Trump , etc.  Including, I understand, his son, who handles much of the day-to-day operations at MCS.  They forced Buddy to take all the right-wing political out of the newsletter that they send out each week, and put it in a separate - personal - blog. 

So like I said, I get not wanting to support a racist and bigoted dude.  I totally respect that.  But there are a lot more people, some great people, who work there whom you'd also be supporting.  I only deal with them, the great team on the consignment side of things.  And I've given my piece of mind directly to Buddy plenty of times, too.  He knows I have zero respect for him, and he knows exactly why.

Final update!  Auction ends tonight!

Here are the current bids:

Action Comics #9 CGC 9.6.  Current bid: $96

Amazing Spider-Man #301 CGC 9.0.  Current bid: $147

Batman #99 Jimenez variant cover CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $48

Batman #100 Jimenez variant cover CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $41

Canto #1 CGC 9.2.  Current bid: $115

Dark Nights Death Metal Rise of the New God #1 Bosslogic variant CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $47

Mighty Thor #4 Cho variant CGC 9.0.  Current bid: $31

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #95 CGC 9.0.  Current bid: $12

Vampirella #5 Peach Momoko virgin variant CGC 9.8.  Current bid: $42

Young Avengers #1 CGC 9.6.  Current bid: $310

Here are a few of the covers:

5858549.jpg.1a74dafc6e7c05613633a0941b727e65.jpg5858560.jpg.6db9e160fafd7431dfd03c5f391c6278.jpg5693620.jpg.14457950daeb5c1ee3944b2e53c6ea02.jpg5778820.jpg.5069d71fc41393275ba285200bdcc980.jpg

On 7/4/2021 at 1:34 AM, Tedsaid said:

Actually, I didn't break any rules.  The rules were interpreted to apply to me. 

Why did voldy's moderation ban you?  Do you believe you were singled out for a particular reason?

On 7/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, Lucky Baru said:

Why did voldy's moderation ban you?  Do you believe you were singled out for a particular reason?

Well, there's a lot of "working the refs" over there.  A lot of right-wing, pro-Trump reactionaries who - for some reason - don't like me.  ;-)  So any post that can conceivably be "against the rules," they'll jump on it as a violation.  And I guess some of the mods are sympathetic, so they jump on, too.

But never make a claim without proof.  So here's an example.  They have a "no politics" rule over there, defined as being no discussions about politics.   So, just mentioning a person who happens to be a politician isn't enough to violate the rule.  Here's Jesse, the head moderator, explaining it:

"You can even mention Trump or Biden if you can find a way to mention them that is not argumentative.  For instance, "I met President Trump" would not be a political statement.  If it triggers you, act like an adult and go to Facebook to [complain] about it!!"

Here's what I said.  Jesse sent the screen shot, highlighting in yellow the content he claimed was "political."  (FYI, I posted this before HeroesCon was cancelled.)  For this innocuous post, I got a four-week suspension. 

b1e73943cbbd6bb4a49a9c85d89e9fe5.jpg.bee438abe05d2d5fd719d75a4876d499.jpg

Edited by Tedsaid
typo

On 8/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, Lucky Baru said:

@TedsaidSo, you broke a rule on voldy's boards and got told on.  Then you continued to break that or other rules and got bounced? 

Hahaha ... no, not even close.  Are you having trouble with it?  It is not a "political post" to JUST mention a politician, or a policy being implemented.  You have to take a position on it, make an argument. 

If you aren't making an argument, why the hell would someone care?  Then it's just: this is a thing that's happening, and I just happened to mention it.

Edited by Tedsaid

On 8/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, Lucky Baru said:

@TedsaidI tend to think that their head moderator is a blowhard who cannot handle being challenged.  You might have rattled his cage which forced him to feel threatened.

Yeah, I agree.  That would be Jesse, and he definitely has an authoritarian streak.