• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Jimmy Peterson's (the poor man's Promise Collection)
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I was out bid on this one, but it makes a nice start to kick off the thread.  Reads "Jimmy said take good care of these and he is worrying about his others." 

There must have been around 800 or so based on the bay sales posted.  Not all signed, a very few with a store stamp.  Some really nice condition, others beat up.

1297843659_JimmyPeterson.thumb.jpg.875b7d62df450d4afc704dd49a25a19c.jpg

Edited by path4play

I picked up over 20 of these books.  Thought they were cool.  This 1945 book is the earliest I got from the lot, Jimmy is written with fountain pen and handwriting is akin to the first book on this thread.  Different than the more childlike writing from the covers of the Four Color 317 and 322. 

comics022-1474x2048.jpg

24 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

Perry, Iowa. That's just a stone's throw away from where I grew up!

Yeah, me too.  That and my dad's first name was Jim I guess is what really attracted me to these.  My dad had a collection from around the same time frame and of similar content, but much poorer condition.  I didn't hold on to them, so this was my way of getting some of those back.

Edited by path4play

On 7/11/2021 at 5:52 PM, path4play said:
On 7/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, Math Teacher said:

Perry, Iowa. That's just a stone's throw away from where I grew up!

Yeah, me too.  That and my dad's first name was Jim I guess is what really attracted me to these.  My dad had a collection from around the same time frame and of similar content, but much poorer condition.  I didn't hold on to them, so this was my way of getting some of those back.

Just a stone's throw away from where I grew up as well.  Well, as long as you could throw a stone around 150 miles.