• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printings

13 posts in this topic

i would think the slab would say 2nd or later printings

you trust a CGC slab to give you that info correctly?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He didn't say if it was CGC or PGX. If it's PGX you better break it out just to make sure it's really a TMNT #5 much less verify the printing.

i would think the slab would say 2nd or later printings

you trust a CGC slab to give you that info correctly?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He didn't say if it was CGC or PGX. If it's PGX you better break it out just to make sure it's really a TMNT #5 much less verify the printing.

It's CGC 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How can you tell wether your copy of teenage mutant ninja turtles #5 is a first printing or not? (Bearing in mind it is in a slab)

Thanks! popcorn.gif

From my understanding, it will only say "second printing" on the CGC label if it is a 2nd print. If it is the first, it might not say anything. But I believe there are different rules for undergrounds and I'm not sure if TMNT classifies as a UG. Ask Comicwiz, he'll know.

Grade Date 07/22/2005

Title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Issue 5

Issue Date 1985

Publisher Mirage Studios

Country

Variant

Pedigree

Category Modern

Grade 9.0

PageQuality WHITE

GradeText

Art Comments Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird story & art

Key Comments Wraparound cover.

Issue Year 1985

Here... this might help...

1st print

B1437005.JPG

2nd print

B1498005.JPG

BTW, this is the first TMNT I bought off the stand. I immediately went back and bought 3 and 4. It took me almost 20 years to get #2. I'm still looking for a #1.