• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a Star Spangled War Stories Question

117 posts in this topic

Nice books.

I'm pretty sure there an Action and a Detective cover. Let's get Scrooge to start a thread...

The Detective is Detective 160, but I can't find a scan. Anybody?

Seeing all these Eiffel Tower covers has made me wonder whether there is any landmark that has been featured on more comic covers. My guess is no. Other landmarks I could think of were the Washington Monument and the Empire State Building, but I doubt the latter has featured very much at all, even with so many Marvel comics taking place in NYC.

Seeing all these Eiffel Tower covers has made me wonder whether there is any landmark that has been featured on more comic covers. My guess is no. Other landmarks I could think of were the Washington Monument and the Empire State Building, but I doubt the latter has featured very much at all, even with so many Marvel comics taking place in NYC.

Capitol Building and Status of Liberty are pretty popular. I suspect that one or more of the American monuments is used more prolifically, but I can't prove it. I had no idea there were this many with the Eiffel tower so figured there's got to be more of the others. Maybe we need a monumental competition thread?

Capitol Building and Status of Liberty are pretty popular. I suspect that one or more of the American monuments is used more prolifically, but I can't prove it. I had no idea there were this many with the Eiffel tower so figured there's got to be more of the others. Maybe we need a monumental competition thread?

foreheadslap.gif Forgot the Statue of Liberty. I don't think there have been that many covers with the Capitol Building, but I'm betting there have been a ton of Statue of Liberty covers. And the Statue of Liberty came from France, so it turns out the French have been influencing our comics all this time and we never even knew! 893whatthe.gif

foreheadslap.gif Forgot the Statue of Liberty. I don't think there have been that many covers with the Capitol Building, but I'm betting there have been a ton of Statue of Liberty covers. And the Statue of Liberty came from France, so it turns out the French have been influencing our comics all this time and we never even knew! 893whatthe.gif

Capitol building is used. It's a distinctive shape that isn't that hard to draw and there are lots of photo references. WWIII, Str Adv 121, Whiz 107, Spy Smasher 4 are ones that come immediately to mind.