• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a Star Spangled War Stories Question

117 posts in this topic

The Detective is Detective 160, but I can't find a scan. Anybody?

Here's the GCD scan - Thanks for the reference FD. I had never seen this one.

87_4_0160.jpg

Another update for defunct links.

tec160a.jpg

[i was just looking at this cover and wondered if it was on the list yet.]

Here's another - Crime Cases # 26 -

1195857-CrimeCases26.jpg

Also Lovelorn # 2 showcases the Eiffel Tower but I don't have a scan for it.

This is hard work -- you're having to go to some pretty obscure books to increase the list.

This is hard work -- you're having to go to some pretty obscure books to increase the list.

The Crime Cases is a stretch but in the Lovelorn 2, the Eiffel Tower is looming over the main characters.

gossip.gif Notice that it seems the artist drew the Arc of Triumph behind the legs of the Eiffel Tower on that Crime Cases cover but that's simply impossible considering where these monuments are located in Paris.

The Crime Cases is a stretch but in the Lovelorn 2, the Eiffel Tower is looming over the main characters.

gossip.gif Notice that it seems the artist drew the Arc of Triumph behind the legs of the Eiffel Tower on that Crime Cases cover but that's simply impossible considering where these monuments are located in Paris.

Mon dieu! And I had not noticed!

(I have been to Paris -- twice -- lovely place to visit.)

(I have been to Paris -- twice -- lovely place to visit.)

There is so much to do there that one can visit repeatedly and never exhaust what the city has to offer.

Scrooge (Still keeping an eye out for more Eiffel Tower covers ...)

Scrooge (Still keeping an eye out for more Eiffel Tower covers ...)

And it paid off this afternoon. I don't think we've listed this one yet. It's a destroyed Eiffel Tower on the left in the background 893whatthe.gif

1215513-PlanetComics30.jpg

1215513-PlanetComics30.jpg.b5b7f8750ae61711652953f463a1678a.jpg

bumpit.gif

1082470-JoePalooka4.jpg

Just another example of why I don't collect GA foreheadslap.gif

What kind of comment is that? So let's say you collect BA, does that mean you'd collect ALL books from that era? Do you buy Woody Wood Pecker books, Baby Snoots, that Chimp book (can't recall the title), Charlton's Teen Confessions, Charlton's Primus? No. Or let's say you collect Copper? Would I expect you to buy Power Pack (which was a good book btw), all the TMNT's copycat (Hamsters and all), Charlton's awful Battlefield Action, ...? No. So why knock the ENTIRE GA because you don't like this particular Joe Palooka book? 893naughty-thumb.gif There are as many foreheadslap.gif books in all ages. sumo.gif

Agreed Scrooge. This kind of talk is better suited for ComGeneral. Every now and then I slam Modern comics, but I sure don't do it in the modern forum. That would be a mimic of the KrazyKat style (and lack of brains)