• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my Secret Wars #3
3 3

8 posts in this topic

9.2 thereabouts.

Some of the lines/creasing on the back cover look production-related. What's not should press out to get this copy to 9.4.

Thanks for sharing.

11 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

Is that a slight tear along the left edge on the bc?

agree with @grendelbo at 9.2 as is...9.4 after C&P

I will have to double check when I get home, i didnt notice it when I had the book out, but I can see what you are talking about in this image.

As I said in my other thread I'll do better in the future with photo quality, I just used my phone for these.

I don't own a scanner but my wife is a professional photographer so I have the tools; she would be ashamed of me for these images :eyeroll:

12 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

Is that a slight tear along the left edge on the bc?

agree with @grendelbo at 9.2 as is...9.4 after C&P

Yeah these will all probably recieve a press before they get graded.

I haven't been around for a little while but I know there were some board members that offered a pressing and submission service at some point in the past, is this still a thing?

Or has CGC put a stop to advertising those services on the boards seeing as they do it in house now?

Am I better off just submitting them to CGC myself and getting them to do the pressing? 

Sorry for all the questions - times have changed in the last year or two since I went on a collecting hiatus...