• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 116
4 4

8 posts in this topic

So this was graded by CGC as a 9.2. IDK exactly when but the case is their current model. I bought it inside the slab but when I noticed the defect at the bottom left corner, I decided I would rather have it as a raw. Now, in your opinion, does that flaw warrant a 9.2 ..I dont think it does..it has at least 3 spine breaks too. It has white pages. It's a really nice copy still, glossy ...it's just better as a raw

IMG-9349.jpg

IMG-9352.jpg

IMG-9353.jpg

IMG-9354.jpg

IMG-9355.jpg

IMG-9356.jpg

IMG-9357.jpg

IMG-9358.jpg

IMG-9359.jpg

IMG-9360.jpg

36 minutes ago, Ed Hanes said:

.it's just better as a raw

Ain't nothing wrong with raw + Mylite2. 

In my eyes it's a fair grade. The bottom left corner of the front cover has impact creasing and a bit of color flake. The spine is very good despite the ticks but near it at the top of the book there's some color rub best seen in the number 2 of the price indica.

Thanks for posting. Sharp-looking comicbook.cb813965ce82e139f999447c6cb7ccfa.jpg.82645737be1ff048c62bafa3276500e9.jpg

☮️

16 hours ago, Bayowolf said:

DItto 9.0 at best..

Wonder how much your educed value by taking it out of holder(shrug)

Probably zero for this particular issue (and for those who dispute this, please don't make this thread about raws v grades..take it somewhere else). I will buy slabs sometimes with the intention of deslabbing them if they essentially have the same value as raws or if the slab is old. On two occasions I bought slabs where I later think the grade is wrong and I deslab them. I wouldn't want to pass that on to someone else for a variety of reasons. But I dont plan on selling this particular issue for a long time...so its monetary value is secondary. 

Edited by Ed Hanes