• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So glad I bought my MM6 3.0 (R) recently, look at the way this book has sky-rocketed!!!
3 3

59 posts in this topic

Not only is he asking an insane price, which is fine, people can ask whatever they'd like, he also did some crazy stuff to the image (see link below).  I sold this copy in a recent comiclink auction for what I thought was a great price, $3,655 - especially considering I couldn't find a buyer at half that price on boards:

9 minutes ago, RedGiant said:

Not only is he asking an insane price, which is fine, people can ask whatever they'd like, he also did some crazy stuff to the image (see link below).  I sold this copy in a recent comiclink auction for what I thought was a great price, $3,655 - especially considering I couldn't find a buyer at half that price on boards:

Why do I never see these threads? There are two books there I would have snapped up, right off the bat, but I just noticed you hate the UK....so there's that. :baiting:

7 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

Why do I never see these threads? There are two books there I would have snapped up, right off the bat, but I just noticed you hate the UK....so there's that. :baiting:

Yeah, I try to offer up some good deals on boards, sometimes they get snatched up, other times not, then off to consignors - who do love the UK and are willing to ship there:cloud9: btw, never been to the UK, but I bet it's great, I've had too many headaches shipping out of US, so gave up on it years ago

Edited by RedGiant

While I agree that the asking price is highly unusual, masking is still not appropriate.

I removed 1 post and 3 posts that quoted the masking...

I've never seen so many people who are never, ever in trouble, quote a masked word.

So I'm giving you all a 1 time get out of jail free card on this one. The originator got a notice (no points) the others just had their posts pulled with no notices. I'm explaining why here instead of sending a notice.

Nice MM BTW (the Timely one;)

Have a great weekend.

1 hour ago, cgcmod11 said:

While I agree that the asking price is highly unusual, masking is still not appropriate.

I removed 1 post and 3 posts that quoted the masking...

I've never seen so many people who are never, ever in trouble, quote a masked word.

So I'm giving you all a 1 time get out of jail free card on this one. The originator got a notice (no points) the others just had their posts pulled with no notices. I'm explaining why here instead of sending a notice.

Nice MM BTW (the Timely one;)

Have a great weekend.

I don't mean to sound thick, but what the heck is masking?

I didn't see anything untoward, but then again I don't know what to look for. (shrug)

I'd like to know what it is, so I don't inadvertently do it.

29 minutes ago, G G ® ™ said:

I don't mean to sound thick, but what the heck is masking?

I didn't see anything untoward, but then again I don't know what to look for. (shrug)

I'd like to know what it is, so I don't inadvertently do it.

Someone else wrote, so you are not alone.

There is a language filter. We used to call it the "Spoon" filter because it would turn curse words into the word "spoon". Personally I thought that was cute btw.

Sometimes people decide they want to avoid the filter and use a particular word despite the fact that it's against the rules, so they change a letter to a number, or add a space, # sign, etc lots of things will trick the filter (which now either deletes the word or changes it to a less contentious saying)...or what the programmers thing is less contentious.

The word used today was not something that could be mistaken for a non curse word.

Had it been spelled correctly, it would have been deleted, so the person who used the word made changes...to "mask" or hide it from the language filter.

Hope that helps.

Edited by cgcmod11

8 hours ago, cgcmod11 said:

Someone else wrote, so you are not alone.

There is a language filter. We used to call it the "Spoon" filter because it would turn curse words into the word "spoon". Personally I thought that was cute btw.

Sometimes people decide they want to avoid the filter and use a particular word despite the fact that it's against the rules, so they change a letter to a number, or add a space, # sign, etc lots of things will trick the filter (which now either deletes the word or changes it to a less contentious saying)...or what the programmers thing is less contentious.

The word used today was not something that could be mistaken for a non curse word.

Had it been spelled correctly, it would have been deleted, so the person who used the word made changes...to "mask" or hide it from the language filter.

Hope that helps.

Got it. (thumbsu

34 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I apologize for my behavior yesterday. I guess I was just extremely shocked that the seller would try to swindle someone like that.

:blush:

I remember your post now. Frankly I was shocked, not by the word, but by the fact it came from you.....:insane:

I knew you must have been riled up. :baiting:

Another thing that mystifies me about this auction is the seller's comparisons to books sold for enormous sums in the recent Promise auction. He's posting pics of the books and the final hammer price, but what does that have to do with this book?

My guess is he's trying to lure in some rube who has never heard of comic books as collectibles but has a trust fund...stumbles across his auction....and thinks...wow!, got's to get me one of those!

Seller is obviously from the WC Fields school of selling;

5170eCYynLL._AC_SY445_.jpg

3 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I apologize for my behavior yesterday. I guess I was just extremely shocked that the seller would try to swindle someone like that.

:blush:

The mods should apologize to you.