• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does a hairline crease affect grade?

3 posts in this topic

So i received this ASM 300 today and its a gorgeous book. Tight corners, maybe 1 tiny color line (< ~1/16"), glossy, overall amazing shape. That said when I looked at it in the light i could see a line. Originally thought it might be a cut or scrape, but its def an extraordinarily fine fold. Fine to the point that its invisible without direct angled sun. 

I'm not well versed in the comic grading and damage, so I'm curious how this affects grade if at all. The more i looked at it the more i think it mightve been that way from the get go, because i literally have no idea how one could even fold the book in such a way without damage elsewhere.  

Any help as to how it affects grade would be greatly appreciated!

20210709_172926.jpg

28 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw III said:

Thanks. Im not familiar enough with the verbiages and explanations to be able to search effectively this helps. 

My takeaway is that cgc doesnt seem to care, but some collectors do if its noticeable. Fortunately from the examples given in the above the one on this book is extremely minor.