• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What exactly are these?

5 posts in this topic

I'd like to buy one of them to frame on the wall with my Stan Lee autograph so I don't have to frame the real comic out in the open. I'm just wondering what they are exactly and if they would serve my purpose by looking like the real thing behind glass on the wall.

It looks to me like some sort of reproduced cover sleeve over a cheapo silver age comic. I asked the seller for more information and maybe another picture but he wasn't really much help.

Has anyone seen what these are exactly and if they'll serve my purpose or if there's a better reproduction comic available for display purposes?

Thanks guys.

Link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpatchcardpros

IIRC (from the last time he had these up) they are color copies of the cover of key books wrapped around misc. silver age books that this dealer would display in a binder at cons. People could thumb through the binder and say, "Wow... ooooh.", but he didn't have to worry about them getting stolen. He had the real books tucked away behind the table.

just make your own!!

Yeah I thought of that but I think it would be too hard to cut it properly around the 3 edges (no ewert jokes needed) and also to get it to wrap properly. I'd like for it to look like the real comic is framed on the wall to guests and such without having to have the real comic up there in the open like that.

Thanks so far for the replies guys. Barring any other post saying that there's something better for my uses I'll take my chances on one or two of them since they're relatively cheap.