• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX Batman #427 signed
4 4

9 posts in this topic

It's much too hard to make out detail with this comicbook in a slab, especially with the glare.

Grade it with CGC and you'll get a Qualified green label with a note that there's a signature in marker on the cover. Starlin will not be mentioned on the label.

36 minutes ago, Williamseric58 said:

I might have CBCS redo it to get rid of the PGX label.

Eh. To me anyway? It's all good. If you look at your book, what do you see? Is it fair to say it's an 8.0-ish? I have two gorgeous Frankenstein Alive Alive books graded at 10.0 each and signed by Wrightson and Niles. Graded by PGX. There's not a whisker or a tick on either of them. I looked at the scans pre-buy and figured "Well, they will be 9.8 at least in spite of the graded 10.0." When they got here, nope. Not a spot anywhere. Like they slid down the slide right into a case and Wrightson and Niles signed them on the way by. I was able to purchase them at a reasonable price because of the prejudice people hold against PGX. The CGC graded ones I have seen in high grade have pushed $1k plus in some cases. I'm not going to mess with them and let CGC deign a 9.4 on them. And then refuse to validate the signatures. They were signed at a con for Chrissake. That's verification enough for me.

I'm buying the book. If it looks like the grade, I'll buy it.

Contact PGX and see if they can help with the case.  CGC won’t give it a yellow label…not verified by them.  Just my honest opinion.

Can’t comment on the grade since it’s hard to see anything through the bag…