• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Phantom Stranger #10
4 4

12 posts in this topic

Have had a real bad time trying to find this issue at all! Then to find one in reasonable shape. They just aren't out there. Found this one from Burning Comics in Belgium. Hope they are a good outfit. These are the only pictures I have so far. What say you?

1318297068_PS10Front.png.134a6f0b0722e7ea0180582e99b42c8d.png2100557871_PS10Back.png.ffd038bf476277f7cb4a05802ee4ac48.png

Edited by Randall Ries

Pretty tiny, but I'll say 6.5 to 7.  What grades and issues are you looking for?  I might have some undercopies?

1 hour ago, piper said:

Pretty tiny, but I'll say 6.5 to 7.  What grades and issues are you looking for?  I might have some undercopies?

I decided to collect the Neal Adams Phantom Stranger covers. They are fairly well popped except for #10. This one has been a real problem finding in decent shape. Or even finding copies at all. Probably one of the best covers of the series as well.

I'll have to find out which issues I have already. I'm buying mostly raw. Slabbed if the price is right. They aren't rare books. Thanks for offering! I'd love to see some scans of your issues.

3 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I decided to collect the Neal Adams Phantom Stranger covers. They are fairly well popped except for #10. This one has been a real problem finding in decent shape. Or even finding copies at all. Probably one of the best covers of the series as well.

I'll have to find out which issues I have already. I'm buying mostly raw. Slabbed if the price is right. They aren't rare books. Thanks for offering! I'd love to see some scans of your issues.

As you could guess from my Avatar, Phantom Stranger is my favourite DC title from the 1970's.

Edited by piper

12 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I agree with 6.5-7.0 grades given. Appears to be foxing on lower back cover. 

That's what I was thinking. A bit along the bottom edge. I thought the color breaking crease would pull it down. But man. This is a difficult issue to find overall. High grade ones are invisible.

43 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

That's what I was thinking. A bit along the bottom edge. I thought the color breaking crease would pull it down. But man. This is a difficult issue to find overall. High grade ones are invisible.

This is true. I’ve come across 3 or 4 in my years of buying stuff and I always sell because I can never get better than a 3.0 and ideally I would keep if it had fine or better.