• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing new (silver age) comics for show

25 posts in this topic

I'm surprised Kinko's would take the cover blowup job since they tend not to duplicate copyrighted material like that as a company policy.

Most home owners can print up to 13x19 on glossy photo paper (and matte photo paper) if they have the oversize Canon or Epson printers. I've got one in the office and it's been great.

One more comment....I've found that many of the art directors and designers I work with today are lacking in a true understanding of copyright. I wouldn't be surprised if the staffers at Kinko's or Staples never gave it a thought....at least if it was a single reproducution of an image like an old comic book cover.

If someone came in and wanted 50 or 100 hi rez copies of an image.....that might raise an eyebrow.

I was all set to have the cover of Action Comics 206 as the design on my groom's cake at my wedding, but all the places that had the capability to print a digital image onto a cake required a written release from the copyright holder before they would do it. I'm sure DC would've given us the release, but we procrastinated too long... foreheadslap.gif

BTW, how much did Wal-Mart charge for the extra-large photo print?

Kinko's took 300 DPI images from a CD-R and printed on 80-lb cover stock 11 x 17 for $2.99 each, full color glossy.

Wow, Kinko's is cheap. I'll have to check them out. Walmart was around $18.00: web page

I really didn't shop around since it was a spur of the moment upload. I wasn't sure if it would be rejected or not.