• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheeeeeee's Back!!!

93 posts in this topic

That is a bit short sighted, just think how many potential buyers that are alienated by things like this. I myself always wait until the last few seconds of an auction to bid. He should have just put a reserve on it and let it run its course.

The big question is: will this affect whether you bid on his books in the future?

The answer for me would be "no". A great man once said: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...never be fooled again!

insane.gif

That is a bit short sighted, just think how many potential buyers that are alienated by things like this. I myself always wait until the last few seconds of an auction to bid. He should have just put a reserve on it and let it run its course.

The big question is: will this affect whether you bid on his books in the future?

The answer for me would be "no". A great man once said: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...never be fooled again!

insane.gif

Clearly, that wasn't you 27_laughing.gif

Seems to me that their gripes are legitimate. I know I would be annoyed if I bid on something in good faith only to have it pulled. Maybe you shouldn't make light of it. Just my two cents. confused-smiley-013.gif

Their gripes are not legitimate. They have never bid on an auction of mine. Otherwise, they would know that this is the only auction I have ever pulled. Both times I pulled it I had bona fide private offers. Do I care if they doubt that? No sumo.gif They've said what they said, that's fine with me - it's their opinion and this is a public forum. Lexus is nothing but a shillin' troll. Tomega only buys slabbed books and disses everything raw, and Pete? Well he's just Pete 27_laughing.gif

I am entitled to my opinions as well, as are you. hi.gif

Seems to me that their gripes are legitimate. I know I would be annoyed if I bid on something in good faith only to have it pulled. Maybe you shouldn't make light of it. Just my two cents. confused-smiley-013.gif

Their gripes are not legitimate. They have never bid on an auction of mine. Otherwise, they would know that this is the only auction I have ever pulled. Both times I pulled it I had bona fide private offers. Do I care if they doubt that? No sumo.gif They've said what they said, that's fine with me - it's their opinion and this is a public forum. Lexus is nothing but a shillin' troll. Tomega only buys slabbed books and disses everything raw, and Pete? Well he's just Pete 27_laughing.gif

I have no way of knowing their bidding histories. They made it sound as if they had bid on your auctions in the past or bid on the book in question. confused-smiley-013.gif

Their gripes are not legitimate. They have never bid on an auction of mine.

Didn't get a chance to because you pulled your auction.

Both times I pulled it I had bona fide private offers.

So what happened the third time you pulled it?

makepoint.gif

Obviously you do not know what you are talking about. It is amazing that you have such an insight to my buying habits - amazing how wrong it is. I buy nearly as much raw as slabbed. A simple search of my eBay buys for the last month would show that. "Disses?" Perhaps you can show me where you got that from? While I do find it entertaining when someone actually uses the word "disses," I wonder where you got the rest. Where do you see any gripe? I asked you "Do you regularly pull auctions instead of offering a reserve?" Run your auction however you like, but you are alienating buyers and it is short sighted if you pulled an auction just because it was not reaching a level you wanted. When you run the auction twice and pull it twice, it is logical for someone to say that you should have just put a reserve on it and let it run its course ( without the knowledge of the offers.)

I never once stated that I thought you did or did not have bona fide offer. It does not matter to me. In fact, I was not aware of the rest of the thread about two offers you had. If you had caught my initial post and responded with that you do not regularly pull auctions and had offers, I would accepted it at face value.

By the way, it is X-Men 79 CGC 9.4 I am looking for. If you do get one I promise I will bid on it and win. That is , if the auction does not get pulled. 27_laughing.gif Just kidding.

Obviously you do not know what you are talking about. It is amazing that you have such an insight to my buying habits - amazing how wrong it is. I buy nearly as much raw as slabbed. A simple search of my eBay buys for the last month would show that. "Disses?" Perhaps you can show me where you got that from? While I do find it entertaining when someone actually uses the word "disses," I wonder where you got the rest. Where do you see any gripe? I asked you "Do you regularly pull auctions instead of offering a reserve?" Run your auction however you like, but you are alienating buyers and it is short sighted if you pulled an auction just because it was not reaching a level you wanted. When you run the auction twice and pull it twice, it is logical for someone to say that you should have just put a reserve on it and let it run its course ( without the knowledge of the offers.)

I never once stated that I thought you did or did not have bona fide offer. It does not matter to me. In fact, I was not aware of the rest of the thread about two offers you had. If you had caught my initial post and responded with that you do not regularly pull auctions and had offers, I would accepted it at face value.

By the way, it is X-Men 79 CGC 9.4 I am looking for. If you do get one I promise I will bid on it and win. That is , if the auction does not get pulled. 27_laughing.gif Just kidding.

Tom,

I owe you an apology, as I was ranting. Thanks for your explanantion. I am not alienating any buyers I wish to cultivate, nor do I regularly pull auctions. We've had our differences (mostly on raw grading), and I was just teasing you about that POS X-Men 79 CGC 9.4 poke2.gif

flowerred.gif

Their gripes are not legitimate. They have never bid on an auction of mine.

Didn't get a chance to because you pulled your auction.

Both times I pulled it I had bona fide private offers.

So what happened the third time you pulled it?

makepoint.gif

Offer of time payments . . . which I tabled, and took your suggestion of listing on Comic Link (if you actually read anything) makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Got anything else to say shill? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Tom,

I owe you an apology, as I was ranting. Thanks for your explanantion. I am not alienating any buyers I wish to cultivate, nor do I regularly pull auctions. We've had our differences (mostly on raw grading), and I was just teasing you about that POS X-Men 79 CGC 9.4 poke2.gif

flowerred.gif

Hey, what about me? hi.gif I'm the guy who defended you in the other thread over the "slut" comment and also help you sell your book on Comiclink...

Sorry if I come across as a "shilling troll" to you. But the way I see it, when the same book gets listed on Ebay three seperate times (and gets pulled all three times with dubious excuses), when the same book gets posted about (by you) here on the Marketplace (with MULTIPLE bumps each day the auction is allowed to run), then this topic is open for comment. Frankly, I think the endless pimping is an abuse of the Marketplace as well as being totally inconsiderate to board members. Judging from the other posts (in the various other threads you started trying to sell this book), I am not alone. Just not as polite.

BTW, so why was the book pulled the third time?poke2.gif

Hey, what about me? hi.gif I'm the guy who defended you in the other thread over the "slut" comment and also help you sell your book on Comiclink...

Oh yeah, I forgot about you yeahok.gif

dubious . . . endless pimping . . . abuse . . . totally inconsiderate . . .

Yep, you're on my Christmas card list 27_laughing.gif