• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questionable mold or smudge on OA Should I try to remove it?

11 posts in this topic

Recently picked up an OA art piece and at the very bottom there are a few greenish/black dots... trying to decide if it's mold or just a smudge...  

Is there anyway to tell?  Also, someone recommended I could use Absorene to erase it.  Should I go for it or just leave it there and see if it changes?

Thanks!5.thumb.jpg.011423235f76f8e758810267fdc63306.jpg6.thumb.jpg.8834bd5884ccab59a9b0045f8cc6d388.jpg7.thumb.jpg.6f5d95df3652640def995a4f8588da87.jpg

2 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

How bad does it look in context of the entire piece of art? My initial reaction is to say leave it as is, but it would depend on how it looks when viewing the entire piece of art...

It's barely noticeable at the bottom.   About half a cm...  I don't think you can see it unless you are really staring hard.

Just now, Wolverinex said:

It's barely noticeable at the bottom.   About half a cm...  I don't think you can see it unless you are really staring hard.

I don't collect OA beyond convention sketches in my sketchbook, so I'm not sure if the practice of cleaning up OA is accepted or frowned upon...

I think I'd just leave it as is unless some of the OA veterans chime in and say it would be acceptable to remove the dots...

3 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

I don't collect OA beyond convention sketches in my sketchbook, so I'm not sure if the practice of cleaning up OA is accepted or frowned upon...

I think I'd just leave it as is unless some of the OA veterans chime in and say it would be acceptable to remove the dots...

Do you know any OA vets?