• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When did the current label go into effect?

3 posts in this topic

I am looking at purchasing a comic on eBay, it is CGC graded but, I am not sure. It shows a more modern label, yet when I check the resources to confirm that it is a CGC graded book (#0071692010), it shows that the comic was graded 17 years ago. When did the CGC Universal Grade label with the grade of the comic in large bold number in to the left go into effect? I would like to purchase this comic and add it to my growing collection of graded comics. The price is right. Thanks.

• Administrator

Good morning,

We started putting the number in large bold print on the left side of the label back in September of 2003. According to the certification number you provided, this book was graded after that date.  

Thank you!

On 7/19/2021 at 8:25 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

We started putting the number in large bold print on the left side of the label back in September of 2003. According to the certification number you provided, this book was graded after that date.  

Thank you!

Thank you, so it is legitimate. I just was not sure, and do not want to go through the headaches of someone being dishonest. Thanks again.