• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of Odin Labelling.

3 posts in this topic

I am a little confused with Journey into Mystery #85. Cameo appearance of Odin. Then Journey Into Mystery #86. 2nd appearance of Odin. 

I have never seen this before except with this that there is no 1st Appearance of Odin label. We go from Cameo to 2nd appearance. 

I want to submit a Journey Into Mystery #86. 

Screenshot_20210719-204200_eBay.thumb.jpg.f605a8aab2405c7564ec04a7b0cd945d.jpg

Screenshot_20210719-204212_eBay.thumb.jpg.7708cc7ca6d4c56003728820b76fe47f.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. All First Appearance notations are made at the discretion of the CGC grading team. 

If you do not see a First Appearance notation that you believe should be noted, you may request it.  To request a first appearance update or inclusion of other information to the current label, please include a note both on your printed submission form and also attached to the bag of the specific book (post-it on comic bag) and our graders will review and make a determination on that request during the grading process. 

Thank you!

Hi GroundEx,

Regardless of what the label says, simply reading the two comics will tell you that Odin does not appear in any way shape or form in Journey Into Mystery #85. He is merely mentioned by Thor when Loki demands his hammer, and an Editor's Note states he’s the ruler of Asgard.

He does appear in spectacular fashion for the first time in JIM #86. Thor summons Odin in order to teach him how to travel into the future. CGC’s team of graders are usually the standard for first appearances cause of how often they get it right, but sadly this is one of the rare times they did not.

I hope they rectify this issue, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Good luck with your JIM #86 grade! Great book!

DA19BB2C-03F0-492A-8E99-D3B80308CC1C.jpeg