• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1, 3rd print signed by Eastman.
3 3

13 posts in this topic

7.5 range.

It shows faults from handling. A press would greatly benefit this copy.

Cool signature and sketch. Keep a pic of the inside cover if you plan to slab it. 

Thanks for posting. Nice copy.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, Galen130 said:

7.5/8.0

I'm curious what you see that causes it to be graded so low?  Maybe it was the lighting when I took the photos, but maybe I'm missing something?  Looking at other 7.5's, mine appears to be in way better shape?

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3719.jpeg

Edited by seventy-two
spelling

On 7/21/2021 at 10:06 AM, seventy-two said:

I'm curious what you see that causes it to be graded so low?  Maybe it was the lighting when I took the photos, but maybe I'm missing something?  Looking at other 7.5's, mine appears to be in way better shape?

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3719.jpeg

Maybe it's the lighting, but I believe I'm seeing subtle finger and handprints on the back cover.  If they are old, they won't clean off completely.  Include the color-breaking spine creases and potential wear and/or color loss in spots around the cover edges...7.5, maybe 8.0.

Don't forget, we're not experts here...we don't work for CGC.  These are our estimates based on provided pictures.  You have the book in hand, which gives us a disadvantage. (thumbsu

On 7/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, seventy-two said:

Yep. There are fingerprints. How do I clean them off? 

Send it to a presser.  They will make an effort...no guarantees though.  You'll have to ask around for someone near your area, or have it done by CCS/CGC.  I prefer my own guy because he'll tell me the results before he sends them. (thumbsu

I have same book (minus the signature) that was graded 7.0.  Yours does look slightly better than mine, especially the corners, but both books have multiple spine ticks and general wear.  My not so educated guess is an 8.0 and maybe an 8.5 depending on how it looks after C&P.  Good luck!

On 7/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, Galen130 said:

Send it to a presser.  They will make an effort...no guarantees though.  You'll have to ask around for someone near your area, or have it done by CCS/CGC.  I prefer my own guy because he'll tell me the results before he sends them. (thumbsu

Thank you. Is a presser like a print house? Like Fastsigns or am I off base. I’m new to this, so please forgive my ignorance. I don’t want to derail the thread. 

On 7/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, seventy-two said:

Thank you. Is a presser like a print house? Like Fastsigns or am I off base. I’m new to this, so please forgive my ignorance. I don’t want to derail the thread. 

Not at all, that’s what we’re here for…to help. 🤙

Try going to comicsinaflash.com.  That’s my guy.  There are others here in the forums that do this kind of work as well.  They clean and press comics to improve their appearance and fix potential defects that may keep the comic from a higher grade…in a nutshell.  Also, you can post these questions in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum.  You can also send me a PM if you don’t want to take up space in your thread. (thumbsu