• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers #4 looks pretty good but has a scrape
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I have had this book for many years and thinking about selling it, but not sure how much the small scrape in the middle of the book would affect the grade/value. Or, if it would pay to get just that scrape touched up professionally.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. The insides and rest of the book look to be around very good condition, with some small brown stains on the very top of the front and back covers.

P1090347.JPG

P1090348.JPG

P1090333.JPG

P1090353.JPG

P1090351.JPG

Edited by John Drake
Add/edit pictures

On 7/21/2021 at 4:31 PM, Funnybooks said:

This book should be cleaned and pressed prior to any sale. Also consider slabbing. In the meantime, welcome.

A better front cover picture and rotating the pics would help in answering your question.

Sorry, that was sloppy picture management. Thanks!

The center defect with tear will be just another defect since it's a lower grade copy. If it were the primary defect on a "high" grade copy, it would drag the book all the way down to mid-grade...with this said...I would estimate in the Vg+/-  range

Also, do not touch the book with any restoration or the value of the book will plummet. Leave it alone.

Edited by Funnybooks

Yeah don't touch it for resto. It's still solid and presentable despite that scratch.

It's a regret book of mine (passed on years ago when I shouldn't have). Thanks for sharing.

Edited by grendelbo