• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hulk #1 cgc 9.2 on ebay!!!!!!

24 posts in this topic

don't see this one too often.....legit? hidden biddder list.... shy.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hulk #1

Legit? His other auction is for Comgeek's Comiclink consigned Batman #1.

well then it must be on the up and up insane.gif....if it does not get pulled, i am sure it will get a good # of bids.

don't see this one too often.....legit? hidden biddder list.... shy.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hulk #1

Funny thing. This guy also has the Batman #1 up but when you hit "seller's other item" it shows only the Hulk #1.....strange? If an accoount is hi jacked does it circumvent this option?

I was thinking the same thing. With the rounded tlc, the multiple spine stresses ( counted 4 just glancing) and the loss of color on the blc, its a generous 9.2. 8.5 would be more along the lines.

Arex

Yep,....someone got lucky with that grade! thumbsup2.gif

It IS a nice book though.......just not 9.2 nice.

I'm so confused.. whats the deal with this guy? He also appears to have a Batman 1 auction up on eBay, but when you click on view other auctions, it doesn't come up. Also, there's only one Batman 1 CGC 9.0 Unrestored on the census, and its currently up for sale on comiclink. It looks like a fraudulent auction, except that the picture for the Batman 1 is not the scan from comiclink.. If this guy does not really own the Batman 1, how did he get that particular picture of it? If he does own the Batman 1, why would he possibly list it in a private, no reserve auction?

Obviously its a scam but I can't really figure it all out.

I'm so confused.. whats the deal with this guy? He also appears to have a Batman 1 auction up on eBay, but when you click on view other auctions, it doesn't come up. Also, there's only one Batman 1 CGC 9.0 Unrestored on the census, and its currently up for sale on comiclink. It looks like a fraudulent auction, except that the picture for the Batman 1 is not the scan from comiclink.. If this guy does not really own the Batman 1, how did he get that particular picture of it? If he does own the Batman 1, why would he possibly list it in a private, no reserve auction?

Obviously its a scam but I can't really figure it all out.

The Hulk 1 is also from comiclink. It sold for 75k. I looked quickly earlier and just assumed the "photos" are from Photoshop.

Comgeek is the person selling the Batman 1 on comiclink. This is not comgeek.

So he probably just took the scans from Comiclink then, shrunk them, tilted them slightly, and pasted them in photoshop over a picture of his rug?

Thats pretty clever. If not for the low starting bid, no reserve, private auction, and the fact that I'd already seen these books selling elsewhere, I probably would've fallen for it. As scams go, it was more believable than most..

I emailed her about the Batman #1. She said it was her dad's. When I mentioned that it had the same CGC serial # as the Comiclink copy, she chose not to respond.

27_laughing.gif

"Whoops-a-doodle!" foreheadslap.gif

devil.gif

You would think taking a picture of a slab on carpet/rug would enable you to get the whole left side of the slab in the picture. You might also think there should be some kind of shadow.

I was thinking the same thing. With the rounded tlc, the multiple spine stresses ( counted 4 just glancing) and the loss of color on the blc, its a generous 9.2. 8.5 would be more along the lines.

Arex

Arex, CGC seems to go a bit easier on early Hulks...i own and have owned several early Hulks in hi grades and this seems to be the norm.....very poor quality inks that crack easy, and very low number of hi grade copies also seems to add to this....jsut a thought.... confused-smiley-013.gif