• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ron Lim art art is $33,000 now?!? WTF
1 1

61 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 9:42 PM, Xatari said:

There is certainly a lot going on in our hobby. I think above all we just need to make sure we aren’t disrespecting artists or each other.

I joined the community a little over a year ago, and it was a big turnoff. I quickly realized there are a very vocal salty few who love to 💩 post. It’s a turnoff to new collectors whom we should be embracing. 

I think it was Thumper’s mom who told him, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”  This is probably a good rule of thumb for a relatively small community posting on a public forum. 

If Thumper’s Mom didn’t point out to Thumper that eating arsenic is a bad idea, she’d be a pretty lousy mom.

Constructive criticism is a very effective way to learn of our mistakes—if done with respect to the person or thing we criticize. On balance, this is a very polite board. Attacks tend to be short-lived and focused on specific things, with harsher attacks generally by members of longer standing who have cyber-knowledge or relationships with others here of some sort.

If you don’t like something, say it; everyone has room to learn. Just don’t burn someone needlessly in the process.