• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion Box for Board Upgrades....
2 2

204 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Rotate your phone to landscape.  Next to title is the green gear click it.(thumbsu

O M G....I tried looking everywhere but did not do that. Geeeezzzz....I never view in landscape here.

Thanks my friend! 

Nevermind on the suggestion...lol

On 7/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Ahhh....so it's not push notifications that will actually alert my phone? Because I don't want that, just want to see when I go to the site that I have a notification where the bell icon is. If that is what will happen, then thank you I'll try that!

(thumbsu

Actually I'm not 100% sure because I've never enabled it lol

Try kryptos suggestion first

On 7/25/2021 at 12:19 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

O M G....I tried looking everywhere but did not do that. Geeeezzzz....I never view in landscape here.

Thanks my friend! 

Nevermind on the suggestion...lol

You are welcome. Following that way instead of actually just replying with the follow also allows you to uncheck the "let others see I follow " which will let you lurk. 

I originally used this for a while before I "officially" joined the boards. 

On 7/24/2021 at 10:17 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Ahhh....so it's not push notifications that will actually alert my phone? Because I don't want that, just want to see when I go to the site that I have a notification where the bell icon is. If that is what will happen, then thank you I'll try that!

(thumbsu

Actually, on my android (Galaxy Note) that works for main forums, but I don't see that for threads like these that are created. hmmm....hm

On 7/24/2021 at 11:21 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Actually, on my android (Galaxy Note) that works for main forums, but I don't see that for threads like these that are created. hmmm....hm

I still don't see it, I think my ad blocker screws around with a lot of settings on this site

On 7/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Rotate your phone to landscape.  Next to title is the green gear click it.(thumbsu

20210725_001700.thumb.jpg.31de7223335a8c810e4b194cc652db16.jpg

I meant to say this to you but quoted the wrong thread a few minutes ago.

Well, I think we could all agree thar the search function blows and is very difficult to maneuver depending what you are searching for. 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

One (of many) suggestions I would have would be spacing of some of the buttons.  Here you see the "x" almost over the notifications and real close to sign out . :facepalm: 

I have fat fingers and more than once I either close the box or sign out trying to go to notifications..20210725_002402.jpg.886dc9ee3a2a14abe6547e8a8c531397.jpg

On 7/25/2021 at 12:26 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Well, I think we could all agree the the search function blows and is very difficult to maneuver depending what you are searching for. 

Just remember the movie TED.. on Google you are only 3 searches away from ______ ______.... :roflmao:

On 7/24/2021 at 11:26 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Well, I think we could all agree the the search function blows and is very difficult to maneuver depending what you are searching for. 

They've recently blocked Google from being able to crawl the site.

Pretty much impossible to search for anything now.

I'm curious to know how much eBay has invested with this site. Seems like they have the same policies implemented 

On 7/25/2021 at 1:28 AM, Dr. Dank said:

They've recently blocked Google from being able to crawl the site.

Pretty much impossible to search for anything now.

I'm curious to know how much eBay has invested with this site. Seems like they have the same policies implemented 

WTF?

CDCEDB6A-9E18-438A-9497-AD4D41A26E1C.jpeg

On 7/24/2021 at 11:31 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

WTF?

CDCEDB6A-9E18-438A-9497-AD4D41A26E1C.jpeg

I think it's because they are changing hosts and have Google analytics and revenue turned off, or in limbo or ...... something. 

It's pretty dumb to have yourself taken off of Google crawlers.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:33 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I think it's because they are changing hosts and have Google analytics and revenue turned off, or in limbo or ...... something. 

And as you said, this makes it near impossible to search for forum content :tonofbricks:

On 7/24/2021 at 10:33 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Shoot, they are so overwhelmed they probably don't want anyone new to find them!😂

How about some stars or something where our Avatar is if they are a good, reputable seller on these boards? Maybe even for a buyer? Might be a lot for someone to manage though mod-wise.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 7/24/2021 at 11:36 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Shoot, they are so overwhelmed they probably don't want anyone new to find them!😂

I have no idea, but the best theory I can come up with is that someone is super paranoid and put overkill access restrictions.

That or someone seriously has no idea what they are doing and should step away from the keyboard

On 7/24/2021 at 10:39 PM, Dr. Dank said:

That or someone seriously has no idea what they are doing and should step away from the keyboard

I feel an upcoming GIF or Meme in the future...lol