• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion Box for Board Upgrades....
2 2

204 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 8:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

Greggy is actually very good at scrabble / words with friends.   I've played him a few times. 

Micro aggression, brah

It's a crying shame my cousin won't get back to me about his GIJOE and Star Wars figures. I think he's already sold them off and doesn't want to disappoint me

On 7/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, Dr. Dank said:

It's a crying shame my cousin won't get back to me about his GIJOE and Star Wars figures. I think he's already sold them off and doesn't want to disappoint me

Buzz just said he will be helping someone put some up. :baiting:

On 7/26/2021 at 9:26 PM, kav said:

For thousands of years before he was known to people at large, Khidr travelled the earth looking for those whom he could teach.

When he found suitable students, he gave them truths and useful arts. But as often as he introduced new learning, it was appropriated and misused.

People cared only about the application of ability and laws, and not about understanding in depth, so knowledge could not develop as a whole.

So one day Khidr decided to apply a different means of learning. He made many things into their opposites. He made, for instance, what used to be wet into dry, and he made dry into wet.

People soon became used to this, and simply adjusted themselves to regarding wet as dry and dry as wet.

Having reversed an enormous number of things, Khidr will come back one day to show which is which again.

Until he does that, only a few will be able to benefit from Khidr’s work. Those who do not are those who like to say: ‘I knew that already,’ when they did not.

Get this thread confused with the philosophy thread?

On 7/26/2021 at 10:32 PM, Dr. Dank said:

From what I have seen of this collection, it's a good one.  I've already seen a Starduster.   The thing is I also told him that he should offer things here first and then whatever doesn't sell take it to Facebook. 

I make no bones about it and have mentioned it in my own sales threads.  It is always best to offer things on the boards first. 

It benefits the boards to get first dibs.  It benefits the seller because it makes it easier to post in a quick chain to create a fervor when you transition the remainder to a thread on Facebook.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

From what I have seen of this collection, it's a good one.  I've already seen a Starduster.   The thing is I also told him that he should offer things here first and then whatever doesn't sell take it to Facebook. 

I make no bones about it and have mentioned it in my own sales threads.  It is always best to offer things on the boards first. 

It benefits the boards to get first dibs.  It benefits the seller because it makes it easier to post in a quick chain to create a fervor when you transition the remainder to a thread on Facebook.

Looking forward to seeing it 

On 7/26/2021 at 8:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Buzz just said he will be helping someone put some up. :baiting:

I had sought Buzzs thoughts on my cousins collection, but my cousin hasn't responded to my requests about his stuff. I think he's either thrown them away or already gotten rid of them

On 7/26/2021 at 11:05 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Although I do live almost a Mullets toss away from the Florida/Alabama line. I was disappointed when I went to the FLORA_BAMA_MULLET_TOSS__2_.jpg.3d4194aff2a1d7b8a152b4223a1dfe3c.jpg

And found that it was about tossing fish and not 

Isn't that a Mad fold in? 

On 7/26/2021 at 10:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

Isn't that a Mad fold in? 

Not the one I shared. May have been at some point.  Been going on for a long time. It is an actual festival.  Held at the Flora-Bama...

http://www.florabama.com/mullet-toss