• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Newsstand Fresh"
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 8:53 AM, Jeffro. said:

Sounds like a hygiene product, Newsstand Fresh™

Spray it on your old funky smelling comics and they are instantly newsstand fresh. Only $9.99 a bottle. 

" Ancient Chinese Secret "

c94a49c8caa7650a30fa918fb21f93ed.jpg.4b3bd3690178f4d6e3de526b96172da5.jpg

On 7/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, namisgr said:

The hype that bothers me is the claim that the pages are so stellar they are 'bone white'.  These are clearly people who haven't actually seen any bones, which turn progressively yellow then tan with age, much the way poorly preserved comic book pages do, too.

'Snow white' would be an alternative to consider, but then there's the issue that sometimes the snow isn't exactly pure and fresh, either.  :grin:

Then I suppose they should probably add freshly exposed bone white pages.  I once split my leg open at the shin bone tripping over an in-ground iron BBQ grill and aside from the initial shock of the pain and pissed that I missed catching the frisbee, I was in a dazed awe at how bright white the bone in my leg looked when I went to see where I hit myself. It was probably just the tears welling up in my eyes from the pain but I vividly remember the brightness of the white appeared to almost be glowing.  Thank God for my brain going into shock as I realized that's probably not supposed to be exposed and though I was fascinated enough to want to keep looking at my exposed shin bone, I quickly pushed the skin back over it and went to the hospital.  Anyways, every time I hear the phrase bone-white, that's what I imagine so to me I get what they're trying to advertise but it also makes me a bit queasy.