• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 800
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I see there are less 150 amazing spiderman 800 VIRGIN in the SS , of those I've only seen 1 with Stan Lee's signature,  is the the hardest amazing spiderman comic to have signed by Stan? I would like to get a amazing spiderman with Stan's auto but i dont want one that hes signed a thousand copies of any suggestion here?

On 7/25/2021 at 2:22 PM, Driver731 said:

I see there are less 150 amazing spiderman 800 VIRGIN in the SS , of those I've only seen 1 with Stan Lee's signature,  is the the hardest amazing spiderman comic to have signed by Stan? I would like to get a amazing spiderman with Stan's auto but i dont want one that hes signed a thousand copies of any suggestion here?

I think it all comes down to what your looking for. 

Personally, I would only want a Stan signature on a book he worked on. So for ASM, that would be the first 100 issues or so. 

Outside of that I'm not sure how to quantify how many of a given book Stan signed.  I'll just say, he signed an awful lot of books, so if you go for a Lee make it something important to you.  

On 7/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, Driver731 said:

For the first part of your question, you'd have to define "hardest amazing spiderman comic to have signed by Stan" what that means for anyone to even attempt to answer your question.  Like the most SS with the fewest Stan Sigs?  By percentage?  Like you could have a comic with  Just two CGC SS copies, and one of them is signed by Stan, then 50% of CGC SS's are Stan sigs.  Although even if you defined your question properly, those no way to know who signed any given CGC SS copy, at least no publicly available information.

My suggestion is find a book that only has very few CGC SS copies (preferably just 1) on the CGC census, and then see if you can find a Stan Lee signed copy available for purchase.  He's obviously not signing any more, so if you find one, you're set.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, Driver731 said:

Thanks kind of a jerk response  I thought it was obvious that by hardest ones would be what came out closest to his death and with ams 800 virgin being a 1:500 

NO doubt it was kind of a jerk response, but in your initial question you you stated there were 150 SS of a comic, and stated that YOU ONLY saw 1 Stan, with no number how many you'd seen.  And you apparently equated 'closeness to death' as hardest, but then you also go on to imply that you want a comic that doesn't have a thousand of them signed.  So, as I stated it's not clear that you meant "Physically hardest for Stan to sign", and that would have entirely no impact rarity or perceived rarity of a Stan sig, he could have signed 1 or 10 or a 100 a week from dying.  Likewise, the given rarity of an actual comic may or may not have impact of how 'hard' it is to have a Stan sig.  

But also as stated, its mostly moot, whether you agree with my semantics or whether you think your initial question was clear enough, there's no database listing how many of a given comic Stan has specifically signed.  So for rare ones, find comics with very low overall CGC SS population, and if you find a Stan Lee sig on one of those, then you're good.

good luck.