• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

252 posts in this topic

Good morning  Gang,  

Starting  a new thread today,  many interesting oddballs (plus  some mainstream  books of course) for you  to  peruse!

Starting  with  a  few  Early Birds today,  another handful  during the afternoon,  and a nice pile for this evening. 

But first: 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15.50 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Wings 121

Excellent gloss,  offwhite pages,  tight spine and CF,  bit  a bit of  stacking roll,  two small  pieces out upper RH  FC,  tiny chip
off lower  RH FC.  If you look  close,  you  can  see  a light  pencil sig over the nose of the uppermost plane.
Yup,  it's  a leftover from  the Jim  Clark  books!

Take it for $25

elHoPtg.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Supersnipe V1 #7  (#2)
Second issue after  ol' Supes  took over the Army and Navy  Comics title. 

Small corner off upper  LH FC.  some general wear.  Flat and tight,  cream - offwhite pages.
Couple teeny  tears lower edge BC, light water stain lower  FC and BC. 

Asking $50  SOLD!

DbFS8Q6.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Katy Keene 43

Flat,  tight spine  and CF,  glossy, white pages.  All dolls intact. Touch of minor  general wear is all. 

A little gem,  but also  a rerun from a previous thread,  let's price it to move. 

Asking  $40  SOLD!

BF51cmA.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Battle Stories 4

Ooh look,  another leftover   Jim  Clark  book!

Stacking  roll,    several small tears along spine  BC, touch of transverse spine roll, bit of general wear. 
Glossy,  tight with  white pages

Asking $10

fJrtUAN.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 6:27 AM, catrick339 said:

Katy Keene 43

Flat,  tight spine  and CF,  glossy, white pages.  All dolls intact. Touch of minor  general wear is all. 

A little gem,  but also  a rerun from a previous thread,  let's price it to move. 

Asking  $40

BF51cmA.jpg

:takeit:

On 7/26/2021 at 7:24 AM, catrick339 said:

Supersnipe V1 #7  (#2)
Second issue after  ol' Supes  took over the Army and Navy  Comics title. 

Small corner off upper  LH FC.  some general wear.  Flat and tight,  cream - offwhite pages.
Couple teeny  tears lower edge BC, light water stain lower  FC and BC. 

Asking $50

DbFS8Q6.jpg

Good afternoon! More mixed grille  sizzling on  that hot iron!

Falling in Love 16

Small piece out LH edge  B ,  chip off lower  RH FC,  tiny tear upper  LH FC. All this seems to 
be happening  because the cover is yellowing up around the perimeter and getting  a bit brittle.
Otherwise  a touch of stacking roll,  good gloss,  tight spine and CF, cream - offwhite pages

Asking $10  SOLD!

LMpstnc.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Avengers Annual 7 

Starlin! Thanos!  Warlock! 

Sharp looking copy...except  for that  row of nips  out of the lower edge of the FC. Two more lower edge BC,
tiny split  lower spine BC,  could be production like the nips,  could be later damage.
Flat, clean,  square,  glossy,  white pages...and a touch of production  damage. 

Asking  $25  SOLD!

sm6dFyY.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Farm Fun paper toy, unused in original envelope. 1940's

I'm confident this is more of the warehouse find where all the Flying  Captain  Marvel and 
Skiing Cap Jr.  paper toys came from,  but I've never seen this one before.  Picked up a few
others in the same batch,  none of  which  I've had before.  If someone wants  a scan of 
the actual sheet of punch-out  toy  let me know,  here's the front and back of the envelope.
Others to be listed  later in the thread. 

Asking  $10

uhRjahs.jpg

jGuoGlI.jpg

Matt Slade, Gunfighter 4

Joe Maneely  cover on  a  nice looking  copy.  Flat,  tight,   clean,  good gloss,  white pages. 
Marvel chipping  RH edge FC,  two tiny  Marvel chipping tears lower edge FC,  
green distributor  overspray  upper edge of book. You can  see a teeny spot of it upper LH FC

Asking  $25  SOLD!

SQ4dn7A.jpg

Edited by catrick339

She's Josie 5

WELL before the  Pussycats  showed up, :D

Loose  CF,  couple small tears  inside, otherwise minor wear on  a  glossy copy, offwhite pages.

Asking $10  SOLD!

VyypGgq.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Great Action Comics 9

Well,  they turned her blonde on the cover, but  inside  she's still  the classic raven haired
Phantom  Lady.   Matt  Baker reprints from   PL 15 and  23  according to O'Street. 
I'll have to  take their word,  can't afford  either of them, lol 

Couple tiny tears BC,  bit of general wear on a flat tight glossy copy, offwhite - white pages. 

Grab some affordable  Baker for  $30

nsUSQ3P.jpg

Two-Gun Kid 68,  Pence copy!

Ran into  a  little stash  of British   Sixties  Marvel  westerns,   there will be  a few other
issues  in  the thread. 

Dogears upper and lower  RH FC, small tear and chip  upper  LH BC,  otherwise  flat and tight, 
glossy, white pages.

Kind of shooting  in the dark here, asking  $90

MXxMDoj.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 1:35 PM, catrick339 said:

Avengers Annual 7 

Starlin! Thanos!  Warlock! 

Sharp looking copy...except  for that  row of nips  out of the lower edge of the FC. Two more lower edge BC,
tiny split  lower spine BC,  could be production like the nips,  could be later damage.
Flat, clean,  square,  glossy,  white pages...and a touch of production  damage. 

Asking  $25

sm6dFyY.jpg