• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have an estimated value for this?

29 posts in this topic

Hello fellow boardies

I was looking for an estimated price on this piece. I've had this page for years and I was thinking about listing it for sale. Since I only buy art when I see something come along that I like, rather than an investment, I'm not too sure where this would land. Any educated guesses would be appreciated. 

(first ongoing series) Deadpool # 33, page 16 by Gus Vasquez. 

lr4VQvvQ_2305181220241gpadd.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons

On 7/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, aqn83 said:

A GRAND??

Gus Vasquez... a rather insignificant fill-in artist that I had to Google.

An insignificant page from an insignificant book by an insignificant artist. I'd say you're lucky to get $200 for that.

A GRAND. Lol.

I think it's a nice page. No, not worth a small fortune, but to the right buyer, not insignificant.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, aqn83 said:

A GRAND??

Gus Vasquez... a rather insignificant fill-in artist that I had to Google.

An insignificant page from an insignificant book by an insignificant artist. I'd say you're lucky to get $200 for that.

A GRAND. Lol.

A little harsh. But this is the type of page that sits on eBay forever with a BIN of $250

On 7/31/2021 at 1:44 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

A little harsh. But this is the type of page that sits on eBay forever with a BIN of $250

True, insignificant is largely subjective on my part.

But even with the price of comic art on the rise, this piece is rather boring and like you said, would sit unsold on eBay with a BIN of $250.

I've been in the comic hobby a long time and too never heard of "Gus Vasquez".  Deadpool featured panels are all from side or a distance.  Bottom panel jumps out at viewer but the character is unknown to me.

$200-$300 perhaps you get lucky with a BIN? I'd say at straight auction $125-$150 if Deadpool is ultra hot at the time.

There is Deadpool art by more well known artists that highlight the character more prominently (and or in action) which generally sells for $600-$800

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/2/2021 at 3:10 PM, aqn83 said:

True, insignificant is largely subjective on my part.

But even with the price of comic art on the rise, this piece is rather boring and like you said, would sit unsold on eBay with a BIN of $250.

I wasn't asking for a bashing on my lowly piece of art but I guess that's what I got. As I said, I don't collect art but I like Deadpool and it was cheap at the time so I bought it from a friend. I figured I was going to possibly place it up for auction soon and wanted to get an idea on people more educated in OA than I was. Perhaps I should have titled the thread " how much is my garbage art worth". 

On 8/7/2021 at 3:37 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I can help you with this since I buy deadpoool art. First though you should know that this isn't by Vasquez. I own a page from this same issue which I'll post below and the artist who did it was, David Brewer which is listed as the penciler for the issue by comics.org that you can see here. Vasquez was the person who did the cover.

As for price I would say between 100-150. My page below for example is the double page splash from the issue and I paid less than 250 to acquire it semi-recently so I can't see a panel page from the same issue going for 200 or over.

Reveal hidden contents

RADA4BEC2019425_141028.thumb.jpg.52f1e876505738fb59c8cb12dc5eaaa1.jpg

Your page ia nice though. It has some decent panels of deadpool and a front shot of T-Ray who was a huge antagonist in the series. 

Thank you for the assistance. I wasn't aware it was someone else's work. I wasn't expecting much but had I offered it to someone directly, I wanted to present a fair asking price, rather than something way out of left field. I figured by now, it might have been worth a bit more but I guess not. Luckily, I didn't buy it for a flip. lol Thanks again. (thumbsu

Edited by Timeless icons