• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have an estimated value for this?

29 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2021 at 3:51 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Words to consider when a newbie drops in and asks an innocent question.

At least there were a lot of others here that had helpful info. Sometimes though..you get those scenarios where "my stuff is cool but your sucks" kind of comments. meh

On 8/7/2021 at 11:38 AM, Timeless icons said:

I wasn't asking for a bashing on my lowly piece of art but I guess that's what I got. As I said, I don't collect art but I like Deadpool and it was cheap at the time so I bought it from a friend. I figured I was going to possibly place it up for auction soon and wanted to get an idea on people more educated in OA than I was. Perhaps I should have titled the thread " how much is my garbage art worth". 

Well, to be fair the bashing wasn't necessarily on you or the art, nor did any one equate it to being garbage. You had no idea and came asking for advice. The bashing is more on Kevin76's astronomical evaluation, and unfortunately you were too quick to agree it was valid. Any of us would always gravitate towards the higher evaluation.

DeadpoolJr basically shut this topic down with the knowledge bomb that he dropped.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:23 AM, aqn83 said:

Well, to be fair the bashing wasn't necessarily on you or the art, nor did any one equate it to being garbage. You had no idea and came asking for advice. The bashing is more on Kevin76's astronomical evaluation, and unfortunately you were too quick to agree it was valid. Any of us would always gravitate towards the higher evaluation.

DeadpoolJr basically shut this topic down with the knowledge bomb that he dropped.

The reason why I took Kevin at his guess is because I've known him for over 25 years and he has more knowledge about OA than I do so I didn't really question it since I know what he has/had. I specialize in comics, not art. While I agree that you weren't bashing me directly...reading that my piece is all around insignificant and being told I'd be lucky to get $xxx for it, comes off as condescending. Perhaps you are right in that my OA piece is insignificant but maybe an opinion in the difference of his value vs your estimated value could have been sufficient. In the end... at least I have an idea as to what to value it at. I'll assume it to be around the $150-200 mark. 

As far as agreeing on the higher evaluation...I've had this for quite some time and figured that it would have been worth more than his estimate by now but went with it because as I had mentioned, he knows more than I do about OA. I figured, ok well...1k is better than I paid so that's fine. I had no idea it was worth about the same as my cost. (shrug)

Edited by Timeless icons

On 8/9/2021 at 1:18 PM, Timeless icons said:

The reason why I took Kevin at his guess is because I've known him for over 25 years and he has more knowledge about OA than I do so I didn't really question it since I know what he has/had.

Um...then Kevin should buy it for $1,000. But...he won't lol