• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Doe et al. v. Jason Ewert et al. -- Litigation Forthcoming

159 posts in this topic

I'm serious. It will happen eventually.

I don't know about the names supplanting geographical affiliation, but it's only a matter of time before US sports teams sell advertising on their shirts. It's common practice in European soccer, where the advertisers' logos are much bigger than any team name. It's a huge revenue opportunity that will need to be tapped as sports owners continue to pay insane amounts to players while TV revenues decline.

Geez, I'm starting to sound like Gene. blush.gif

Speaking of which, I've signed on my new CGC Board Corporate Partner. Apple will be sponsoring all my future posts. Better get yours soon, before all the cool companies get scooped up! thumbsup2.gif

Red Hook (sponsored by Apple Computer)

Speaking of which, I've signed on my new CGC Board Corporate Partner. Apple will be sponsoring all my future posts. Better get yours soon, before all the cool companies get scooped up! thumbsup2.gif

Red Hook (sponsored by Apple Computer)

Nah, then I'd always be in danger of breaching one of those morality clauses they always insert in the sponsorship agreements.

For anyone who is still willing to donate funds of any amount to help defer legal expenses associated with the case, I have created a new paypal account for this purpose. Several of you, particularly those who are overseas, had stated this would be easier for you.

You can now send funds via paypal to ComicBookEsquire@aol.com.

If you do send a paypal donation, please send me an e-mail or PM separately so that I know exactly who sent the money.

You can also send funds the old fashioned way to me via check at:

Mark S. Zaid, Esq.

Krieger & Zaid, PLLC

1920 N Street, N.W.

Suite 300

Washington D.C. 20036

All donations are maintained in my attorney escrow account until needed. Should we recover costs as part of the litigation we may be able to reimburse any donations.

We appreciate the generosity that some of you have already shown. Every little bit helps! thumbsup2.gif

More information to follow when available.

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

Please note that the paypal account I set up is not a business account and, therefore, cannot accept credit card payments. I apologize for those, particularly overseas, that this places at a disadvantage. Please check the paypal guidance, or with me prior to payment, to ensure your payment can be made through the account.

Again, thank you for all who are donating funds. thumbsup2.gif

Has anyone contacted serpi from eBay regarding his high graded cgc purchases from Ewert? He probably spent thousands on his ebay auctions.

John

Good question. It would probably be a good idea to monitor the serial numbers of those books to see if they've been resubbed to CGC for new serial numbers so as to wash away the Ewert stigma.

Has anyone contacted serpi from eBay regarding his high graded cgc purchases from Ewert? He probably spent thousands on his ebay auctions.

John

Good question. It would probably be a good idea to monitor the serial numbers of those books to see if they've been resubbed to CGC for new serial numbers so as to wash away the Ewert stigma.

Having bought and sold to the guy I don't think he's one that would pull a scumbag move like that.

John

Having bought and sold to the guy I don't think he's one that would pull a scumbag move like that.

I agree, but money (or loss thereof) can make people do lots of things. If you'd asked me a year ago whether I thought Ewert would be trimming books, I would've said no.

What can they seriously do to him though. Wouldnt this fall under the same criteria as most other crimes of this nature? They would use a point system as far as money lost and alot of people have been getting their money back.

Do you actually think they would give him time if say the total was 75k worth of trimmed books that people have yet to hand in?

Also wouldnt some of the responsibility fall under CGC?

It's there job to detect this stuff.

I dont see what this could possibly accomplish when you have a guy like comic-keys still sitting out there.

It didnt work on him.