• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Doe et al. v. Jason Ewert et al. -- Litigation Forthcoming

159 posts in this topic

Fraud is usually frowned upon by courts regardless of the amount. And punitively they could extract a pretty high penality against the defendants.

Not in federal court. there is a point system and that is it. Whatever amount of money it falls under in the guidelines is how much time you get.

In state its different.

I've seen an episode or two of Matlock. Can I advise you guys on the merits of the case?

Best Matlock strategy ever (OK, the only one I ever saw): He announces that the real killer will be his next witness, and calls for him to enter the courtroom. No one comes in, but it proved to the jury that they had doubt. Classic!

I've seen an episode or two of Matlock. Can I advise you guys on the merits of the case?

Best Matlock strategy ever (OK, the only one I ever saw): He announces that the real killer will be his next witness, and calls for him to enter the courthouse. No one comes in, but it proved to the jury that they had doubt. Classic!

27_laughing.gif

They're not filing in Federal Court are they? Mark confused-smiley-013.gif?

I'd guess they would be. juggle.gif The transactions took place in more than one state, and in total is more than $75,000 in question.

That's not how diversity jurisdiction works.

Fraud is usually frowned upon by courts regardless of the amount. And punitively they could extract a pretty high penality against the defendants.

Not in federal court. there is a point system and that is it. Whatever amount of money it falls under in the guidelines is how much time you get.

In state its different.

Sounds like you're confusing federal criminal sentencing guidelines with civil remedies. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

In state its different.

Sounds like you're confusing federal criminal sentencing guidelines with civil remedies. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Kind of like Justice and the law. makepoint.gif

In state its different.

But what about Matlock!

In state its different.

Ah, yes. Good point. thumbsup2.gif

I dont really understand then. If you are saying this is a civil matter than what exactly is your approach here? You are lumping all of the complainants into one and Mark is representing all of them as the one entity?

I own several Ewert books that I am handing into Scott in Philly. I would love to hear what it is exactly you are trying to do and what you expect the outcome to be?

Has this been explained on here already in a different thread because there has been no real explaination in this one?

I am not a lawyer so I would simply love to know.

I really appreciate the fact that Mark is taking the time to do all of this and I am sure it will deter people from doing it in the future but what do you expect to gain from this aside from the actions that have been taken already?

Any response would be appreciated.

You are lumping all of the complainants into one and Mark is representing all of them as the one entity?

It`s called a class action suit. gossip.gif

but what do you expect to gain from this aside from the actions that have been taken already?

As FD has already mentioned above, any information that could be obtained through the discovery process would be worth the price of admission.

I dont really understand then. If you are saying this is a civil matter than what exactly is your approach here? You are lumping all of the complainants into one and Mark is representing all of them as the one entity?

I own several Ewert books that I am handing into Scott in Philly. I would love to hear what it is exactly you are trying to do and what you expect the outcome to be?

Has this been explained on here already in a different thread because there has been no real explaination in this one?

I am not a lawyer so I would simply love to know.

I really appreciate the fact that Mark is taking the time to do all of this and I am sure it will deter people from doing it in the future but what do you expect to gain from this aside from the actions that have been taken already?

Any response would be appreciated.

Mark, Brian and I are representing the plaintiffs. I am lead counsel and the complaint will be filed here in California. The various plaintiffs within the class are from all over the country. No one from outside the US has elected to take part in the litigation thus far.

If you want to talk it over, PM me and I'll send you my contact info so that you can call me and talk about it.

Just out of curiosity,can the findings of a civil case be used in a criminal case?

For example-Were a stamp dealer be found guilty of fraud in a civ lil case,could that be used to develop a criminal case by a DA or the postal authorities? confused.gif