• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED GA/SA/BA Key Comics & Classic Cover - Discounts on books and Shipping!
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Good Day/Eve ladies and gentlemen,

This is a sales thread for some nice low grade key comic books and a classic comic cover.

Here are the standard rules for this sales thread:

Purchasers: Board members on the Hall of Shame and/or Probation list are not allowed to make purchases on books. All other purchasers are welcome.

NEW Shipping Costs: Book(s) will be shipped from Canada. As such, the cost typically for United States and International is more. That said; for fellow board members I am willing to set a flat shipping fee even though I will be taking a hit on shipping.

Contiguous United States: $15 USD flat rate

Canada: $15 USD flat rate

International: Please inquire for rate, but on average looking at $40.00 USD+

Payment Method: PayPal

Return Policy: Please notify me of any return within two (2) calendar days upon receipt of package. The package is to be returned back to me within seven (7) calendar days. Shipping costs will be the responsibility of the purchaser to send back the package in the same condition it was sent.

Offers:  People can make reasonable offers by PM, although the comics are priced within reason of previous GPA sales. That said; the first :takeit: in the thread is the purchaser of the book(s).  Not looking to do trades.

I will do my best to mark book(s) sold should there be an agreed upon offer via PM prior to any in thread purchases. I’m not looking to do time payments at this time.

References: My feedback is on past international sales is through eBay user identity safehaven-collectibles with the link of my previous sales feedback below.

eBay Feedback 

Also, please see my Kudos thread here:

Mister O's Feedback Thread : 

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Edited by Mister O

On 8/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, Mister O said:

Batman #97 CGC 2.5 with Off-White Pages

1st Sliver Age appearance of The Joker 

Not many people know this is a key issue get it before its too late. 

You can read about this key issue from an Overstreet Advisor here: https://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/undervalued/undervalued-spotlight-463/?fbclid=IwAR1xdHd_JtaJMHSmPW-Yn9VAuY_LAngOtj5ZEcwxIuNk5eLhLgX7VTrZJtU

My price: $200

Batman97.jpg

Batman97 back.jpg

Take please. 

Superman Lot of 14 Comics Avg grade VG (between Good and Fine+)

Issue #'s 142, 161, 167 (New Origin of Brainiac and 1st Brainiac and Lex Luthor team-up), 169, 170, 173, 181, 184, 185, 186, 187, 200, 201, and 202.

$200  $150 Final Price: $80.00 

SUP1.jpg

SUP2.jpg

SUP3.jpg

SUP4.jpg

SUP5.jpg

Edited by Mister O

Amazing Detective Cases #13 - Poor

Electrocution Cover and panels - Rare in Overstreet Price Guide

Only 20 copies on the CGC census and I have owned this copy for 25 years and offering it for sale first time.

$150 Final Price: $90

AmzDetectiveCases1.jpg

AmzDetectiveCases2.jpg

AmzDetectiveCases3.jpg

AmzDetectiveCases4.jpg

AmzDetectiveCases5.jpg

Edited by Mister O

Strange Tales #126 - Good

1st Appearance of Clea and Dormammu.

Water damage on top right and bottom right, other wise an affordable copy for your personal collection.

Final Price: $65 SOLD

Edited by Mister O

She-Hulk #1 - Fine-

Origin and 1st Appearance of She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters), Origin of the Hulk retold.

The dealer I purchased this from graded it VF-, but I don't agree and decided to grade it Fine minus (5.5).   That said, it's never been pressed, so if one is inclined press out some of the defects it can get a bump.

$80 SOLD

Edited by Mister O

Marvel Spotlight #5 - Good

Origin and 1st Appearance of Werewolf by Night (Jack Russell)

This comic has been on fire lately.  It has a spine split at the lower left corner and a store stamp on the top right.  Otherwise a nice complete copy for the personal collection.

Final Price: $170 SOLD I don't mind keeping this comic if not sold, it will only keep increasing in value in the future. 

Edited by Mister O

I added final prices for 98% of the remaining comics listed at large discounts (with the exception of Tales to Astonish 90).

Shipping to United States and Canada will be $15 as well to make the cost of picking these up more easier and can combine on shipping if taking multiple books for the $15 shipping.

This is a one time only deal between now and tomorrow as I will be heading for vacation on the weekend for 2 weeks and will need to mail these comics by today or tomorrow the latest.  After that, whatever has not been taken the thread will be closed Friday evening.  

On 8/7/2021 at 6:19 PM, Mister O said:

Tales to Astonish #90 Fine

1st Silver Age Appearance of Byrrah, 1st Appearance of the Abomination (Emil Blonsky)

Small tear on cover and first couple of pages on the right middle side of the cover on Byrrah's cape around the top of the purple bracelet area. 

This book is hot right now with the Abomination appearing in both the Shang-Chi film and She-Hulk Disney+ show.

$250 New Price: $200

TA1.jpg

TA2.jpg

TA3.jpg

TA4.jpg

TA5.jpg

TA9.jpg

TA6.jpg

TA7.jpg

TA8.jpg

Take per PM

On 8/7/2021 at 6:02 PM, Mister O said:

Strange Adventures #180 G

Origin and 1st Appearance of Animal Man (Bernhard "Buddy Baker)

$120.00  $90 Final Price: $50

SADV1.jpg

SADV2.jpg

SADV3.jpg

SADV4.jpg

SADV5.jpg

On 8/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, Mister O said:

Fantastic Four Annual #6 - Good

Birth of Franklin Richards, 1st Appearance of Annihilus.

$120 $90 Final Price: $60

FF1.jpg

FF2.jpg

FF3.jpg

FF4.jpg

FF5.jpg

Take 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, Mister O said:

Strange Tales #126 - Good

1st Appearance of Clea and Dormammu.

Water damage on top right and bottom right, other wise an affordable copy for your personal collection.

$85 Final Price: $65

STales1.jpg

STales2.jpg

STales3.jpg

STales4.jpg

STales5.jpg

Take 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:51 PM, Mister O said:

Marvel Spotlight #5 - Good

Origin and 1st Appearance of Werewolf by Night (Jack Russell)

This comic has been on fire lately.  It has a spine split at the lower left corner and a store stamp on the top right.  Otherwise a nice complete copy for the personal collection.

$250 Final Price: $170 I don't mind keeping this comic if not sold, it will only keep increasing in value in the future. 

Mspot1.jpg

mspot2.jpg

mspot3.jpg

mspot4.jpg

mspot5.jpg

I don’t mind taking it off your hands at that price :takeit: