• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a result of being stabbed or...
3 3

29 posts in this topic

I bought this recently and I'm trying to decide if I slide it into my collection or return it.

It's Spidey Unlimited 1 ... 9.6 Maximum Carnage

It presents nicely from the front. No Newton rings and only a couple tiny scuffs inside the slab but upon further inspection I noticed that the pages have a nasty looking wave to them

The bottom corner of the opening side of the book is also puffed up a bit and not flat inside the slab.

My question is...is it the result of the stabbing process or is it common to this book and maybe something that could be pressed out to possibly bump it to a 9.8?

The book looks flawless but for the waves.

Thanks for taking the time

20210806_105427.jpg

20210806_105450.jpg

Edited by lostboys
Misspelled word

A press would fix this...don't know if it's worth it to you to spend the money to take it out, then get it pressed and reholdered.  That kind of waviness is usually a normal production occurrence...I'm guessing there's something else going in that got the book a 9.6 grade.  Hard to tell without full pics.  I'd contact the seller and at least let them know what you see.  This is all my opinion of course. (thumbsu

Never seen a 9.6 book that was stabbed 

On 8/6/2021 at 10:13 AM, lostboys said:

.is it the result of the stabbing

usually stabbing causes punctures or lacerations... 

On 8/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Never seen a 9.6 book that was stabbed 

On 8/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, lostboys said:

.is it the result of the stabbing

usually stabbing causes punctures or lacerations... 

Never stab your comics

On 8/6/2021 at 3:30 PM, Jeffro. said:

Never stab your comics

Agreed . (Unless it is Leifeld Feet) May not have been the OP.. CGC did say they were starting to use AI....tenor-5.gif.57ab16e372adf01658896d9a1addecc9.gif