• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a poor lonesome collector and have a long long way to go...
4 4

144 posts in this topic

Hi neighbors!here is something id like to write and read about.....ways to collect and display collection by ingenuity and at low cost,to take collectible and turn them into something better to frame books or handmade comic bookshelf anything that you took and made it yours!and not nessesarely at a big cost!

Edited by Namtak

On 8/7/2021 at 8:51 PM, kav said:

If you collect horror books a coffin works great!  @oakman29

Yeah i know it was supposed to be one thread but i doubled click on my cellophone and now theres 2 trheads :roflmao:i dont know how to erase one so i made it a two parter :roflmao:

Edited by Namtak

I'm a little confused by the thread, as to what exactly it is your looking for.

For instanc, I too am a "poor"collector. As I have money for comics, but not displaying cases etc.

So I had some wood planks in the garage and some screws etc.

So this looks haphazard or lazy but lol

It works for me. I had a spot in-between two shelves on this desk and a board that was a perfect fit, so I wedged it.

The others with some screws, I said I'd varnish or stain and put back up there but the supplies might not be enough and it got lost in the shuffle

IMG_20210807_200507531.jpg

IMG_20210807_200530188.jpg

On 8/7/2021 at 6:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Its a Trhead!!! :makepoint:

I have some beaded curtains that I was gifted, and since they're not going in a "doorway", I'm not too sure what to do with them lol 

any thoughts of jokes are welcome :headbang: 

On 8/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

For instanc, I too am a "poor"collector. As I have money for comics, but not displaying cases etc.

So I had some wood planks in the garage and some screws etc.

So this looks haphazard or lazy but lol

It works for me. I had a spot in-between two shelves on this desk and a board that was a perfect fit, so I wedged it.

The others with some screws, I said I'd varnish or stain and put back up there but the supplies might not be enough and it got lost in the shuffle

IMG_20210807_200507531.jpg

IMG_20210807_200530188.jpg

Wow nice you got it that what i meant wow i like your frame up wall awsome !Nice wolverine sketch is that joe rubinstein work?

On 8/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have some beaded curtains that I was gifted, and since they're not going in a "doorway", I'm not too sure what to do with them lol 

any thoughts of jokes are welcome :headbang: 

put them at the foot of your bed so you can make a dramatic entrance!

On 8/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, Namtak said:

Wow nice you got it that what i meant wow i like your frame up wall awsome !Nice wolverine sketch is that joe rubinstein work?

Yes indeed. Rubenstein. I mentioned to him I like that Logan was smiling, so he referred to it as "Happy Logan" when I went to pick it up lol 

I think that it was different enough a sketch, cause that shirt (plaid or whatever) was the art around when I picked up reading a long time ago :tink: 

On 8/7/2021 at 8:17 PM, kav said:

put them at the foot of your bed so you can make a dramatic entrance!

Funny enough, I currently have them covering a door with a small window in it. The window was blocked some other way before. I still laugh cause I have all these curtain windows yet that "door/window" you could still see in from outside. 

I've never really thought about it, but a lot of peoples doors have the glass cut where it is still hard to "see in" idk

I was weird about it haha when I moved in :) 

On 8/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think that it was different enough a sketch, cause that shirt (plaid or whatever) was the art around when I picked up reading a long time ago

This is not a sentence! :makepoint:
@Comics4All

@onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 8/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Funny enough, I currently have them covering a door with a small window in it. The window was blocked some other way before. I still laugh cause I have all these curtain windows yet that "door/window" you could still see in from outside. 

I've never really thought about it, but a lot of peoples doors have the glass cut where it is still hard to "see in" idk

I was weird about it haha when I moved in :) 

These are not sentences! :makepoint: