• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF1
2 2

30 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, The lips said:

Forget the grade or wether to press or not, you own a piece of iconic history that a lot of us never will 

enjoy that 

I do appreciate the comment. I certainly enjoyed my time searching out the Spidey gems in the 70/80's, I am going to get some graded so I wanted an idea on grades so I can complete the submission sheet values correctly ( No CGC back then). 

I loved waiting for the postman to deliver my comic's. No email - I would send off a stamped/addressed envelope to a dealer, the dealer would then send his comic list, I would pick any I wanted then send a cheque for the one's I wanted and wait for postie to deliver. Only then would I know if it was a cheque returned because my selection(s) had sold before my order, or the prize comic had arrived for my collection.

Back in the early 2000's I was considering a Florida holiday so I could take some comic's in on the "Walk Through" that was actually that.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, WalesUK said:

Hi All.

I would welcome your thoughts on my low quality FF1, torn rear cover.

As well as a grade - please can you let me know if you feel pressing would be recommended for such a poor copy.

Cheers All.

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

Please get that book in a slab, stat!!

0.5. If there was an 0.8, like there is a 1.8 for some reason, this might be that. But there's not, so it isn't.

That said, despite the terrible technical grade this will receive, this actually presents pretty well from the front. And the pence stamp makes this an extremely interesting bit of comic history, since, as noted above, this book also exists in a UK-market pence edition.

Hi Guys 

To all that offered a grade, thank you.... the result is in .... it's official...CGC Grade 0.5.

Now I have to try & find my AF15 tread to tell you guys about that one. (can any one advise how I can find my old treads, if that's what you call them).

Cheers Guys

On 10/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, WalesUK said:

can any one advise how I can find my old treads, if that's what you call them

Use the search function - look for the magnifying glass icon in top RHC of the page.

image.png.ec0aeff0caac7e34fb3992b60527a505.png

Or easier in this case, click on your user name and go through the list of threads that you started.

I had the same experience as you back in the day - send payment to US dealers expecting a book in reasonable condition and get back books that grade under 2. I think they saw overseas collectors as easy touches they could dump their lower quality stuff on. And they were right because there was nothing we could do about it.

Edited by Albert Thurgood