• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb ebay scam

11 posts in this topic

I got this email from ebay asking me to respond by clicking the link.

(Question from buyer)

Hi, i`m Siegfried Dowtson and i want to know if you can ship overnight to Las Vegas, Nevada 89153. Do you accept checks or paypal? I want this for my fiance because next Saturday it`s her birthday and i`m little nervous about this present. Thank You so much!

Item name: Urban Retro Sweatjacke Khaki Gr.11-12J/146-152 NEU

Item number: 6809799197

End date: Oct-13-05 02:52:49 PDT

Nervous about buying her a hoody?

screwy.gif

Well i checked out the item number and its a seller in germany. It was asking in the email to click this link to reply.

When i click the link to make sure it is a scam it leads me to the ebay login page. But if you look at the URL its this.

http://www.ch2005.or.kr/%20/eBaynewfa/login.php

sign-rantpost.gif

But when I put fake info into it it recognizes it as fake

Well it is a fake site after all. I suspect you would have gotten the same response if you had used your real login. confused-smiley-013.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else like to have a little fun and leave messages for the scammer in the login info? Sometimes I'll sit there for hours and flood them with insulting messages.

grin.gif

FYI, I have heard that just visiting the web site of some scams, will infect your computer with a keylogger or other virus/programs. Sometimes the act of clicking on a link in an e-mail is enough to compromise your machine. confused-smiley-013.gif