• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Question Once Again
3 3

21 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2021 at 6:07 PM, Lightning55 said:

All the info you are looking for is in Seller Hub.  I understand that you don't like it, find it confusing.  But that is the key, really, like a map to the answer. 

It connects what you see online to what shows up to your bank, so you really have no choice but to learn about it, understand it, master it.  Otherwise, you just have to blindly accept the result that eBay gives you. 

Which isn't the worst thing that can happen.  I have never seen them make an error.  But let's say it's possible that they do.  And you spend an hour per week (short side estimate) validating the figures.  If you value your time at $20 per hour, you are spending $1040 per year of your time to check eBay's results.  If you find less than $1040 worth of errors that year, you are losing money by pursuing it. 

I check it every week, but I'm anal.  I have it down to 15-30 minutes per week by automating my process a bit, so lessening my time investment.  Still haven't found an error worth ANY of my time, so I'm in the hole. 

At best, I've gained some peace of mind.  Maybe should have stayed out of the hole in the first place.

Lol I do the math when I set the price of my item, usually double check what gets deposited, it varies but margins due to sales tax and shipping are usually minor :)