• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COA For grading

2 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm a bit new to the certification and signing process for getting books graded but back in 2016 when it was Stan Lee's last time coming to Toronto for FanExpo I had gotten a booked signed by him. During that time I was nieve to the whole process of getting the book graded as I wanted another artist who wasn't at that show that year to sign the book as well befofe being submitted for proper grading. Being such I had bought a certificate of Authenticity from his table there where CGC facilitators there for the option of CGC SS grading. Is that comic capable of being submitted for a proper Yellow SS slab with that certificate from that year to show proof of? 

Tank you. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your email.  Unfortunately, a COA would not be sufficient to receive a signature series label.  We don't use COA's and do not recommend customers send in their COA for grading with their book.  The only ways to receive a signature series label would be if the signature was witnessed by an authorized CGC witness or the signed book was sent to us directly from the artist with the appropriate paperwork.  You can find out more about our Signature Series program here: CGC Signature Series | CGC Private Signings | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!